Monday, July 03, 2006

Recap



I don't normally do a post like this, but I wanted to tell everyone the highlights from our weekend with the Pillows:
  • Heather and I enjoyed a few games of Scrabble (I know, we are geeks, but what better way to spend your time when the kids are napping/sleeping and the husbands are away?) and then we played Redneck/Ghetto Scrabble with the husbands (see picture above). For those of you who have not played this before, the only rules are you have to use your "word" in a sentence. And of course the more adult beverages that are consumed, the better the words. And don't worry, most of the time the words are some they Ray and I have actually heard in our lifetime, so we are sort of making fun of ourselves.
  • The Junior Banana Split at Sonic is really, really little. Just a warning. I think Heather ate hers in three bites.
  • Heather and I really enjoyed the waterslide at the YMCA pool (see picture above)!! Sorry kids, you have to be 48 inches tall! I kept telling Ashley she had to grow to go on it, so all weekend she kept telling me she was grown up.
  • Pullen Park in Raleigh is really nice, and you definitely get your money's worth on the carousel. I paid $1 per ticket, and I was so dizzy after getting off that thing. I think they let it go at least 4 or 5 minutes!
  • Don't let Ray cook ribs on the grill (sorry, honey).
  • The website www.manbeef.com was a hoax. (Warning - if you click on it now, it is an adult website). Click here to read about it http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa072301a.htm. The website www.eatingthehomeless.com is available in case anyone was wondering.......don't ask how we got there.....
  • Ashley is really getting scared of loud noises. The carousel was pretty loud and the fireworks she heard she was crying hysterically. Is this normal for her age?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am off tomorrow, we are planning on taking the kids to a festival in the morning and then the pool maybe in the afternoon. It is weird having a Tuesday off. I am really not going to enjoy going to work on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Slumber Parties by Heather said...

Sweet post! We had such a great time with you guys this weekend! I haven't been this relaxed in MONTHS!!!

Susan was really bummed when she heard all the fun stuff we did.

And Max finally ate! The ride home was challenging (he ate a yogurt, meat stick and one chicken nugget all day long), but at dinner he had a good 2-3 oz of steak, two fresh green beans and half an ear of corn. Progress! I WILL break him! ;)

Thanks for being such wonderful hosts--we miss you already!

XOXOX

Team Pillow