Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Last night, Ray read Ashley books then turned out the light and left her room. A few minutes later, we hear, “Moooommmmy, I need to go POTTY” over the monitor. Although we don’t need the monitor because she says it so loud we can hear it through her closed door and down the stairs. So I go up there, knowing she doesn’t need to, she went right before she was read books.

I open her door and tell her, “You don’t need to pee.”

“Yes I do.”
“No you don’t.”
“I need to go poop.”
“No you don’t, you already pooped tonight.”
“I need to toot.”
“Fine, in the bathroom.”

So we go in the bathroom, she sits on the toilet for all of two seconds, and then back in bed. I cover her up with her little blanket (was from when she was an infant, pink on one side and striped on the other). I get it wrong because I cover her up with the striped side up, and she tells me that isn’t right (are all three year olds OCD??). So I flip the blanket, cover her with the comforter as well like I do every night, and then go back downstairs. I am not downstairs two seconds when I hear:

“MOOOMMMY, I’m HOT.”

I give up.

3 comments:

SJINCO said...

Ahhh, the wonderful tactics of stalling. This is a nightly ritual in my house too. First it's "read another book", then it's "I have to go potty", then it's "I'm thirsty"...so on and so on. When KJ pulls this with me, he's usually so stinking tired that he's in dreamland before I can say the word 'boo'.

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Too funny! My little one says "toot" also! It cracks me up.

And I believe all children are OCD...LOL

Michele_3 said...

All 3 of my boys are Pros at "stalling"
My Little Man is learning it all from the older ones now..