Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 2007 Sucks for lack of a better word

We thought that things were getting better. Audrey has her surgery scheduled, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Ray and I talk about what it will be like to get a decent nights sleep without getting up multiple times with Audrey.

Then Audrey woke up yesterday morning and threw up. She hasn't thrown up since and has kept food down, but now she has diarrhea.

And last night, I noticed that one of Ashley's front teeth is discolored. Like turning grey. My only thought is that when she collided with that boy in the trampoline a couple of weekends ago, she hit that tooth. So I will make a dental appointment this morning to get her checked out. The bad thing? We didn't add her to our dental insurance this year. We meant to, I just totally forgot to sign up. We actually have a dentist that lives on our street, and Ray says he is willing to do manual labor in order to pay for any dental bill. Like mow the guy's grass for a couple of months.

When is the first day of spring?

7 comments:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I agree with CPA Mom too. We had an email come out Jan 10th telling us "You should be paid on the 15th but since it's a bank holiday you'll be paid on the 12th. Also, check your first paycheck to be sure your benefit selections are correct for 2007. We have a 30 day grace period to make any additional changes."

If you have her on your medical...why wouldn't you get dental coverage?? Right?

Otherwise..sick kids...and worrying about insurance and money suck.

I can say this..wanna know why? Casey will be 2 in June. She's STILL not paid for. I'm waiting for the hospital to repossess her.

Oh and yesterday..3 days before we leave for vacation...Jeff's truck needed $600 worth of stuff to it.

Yeah...when is Spring....my life may still suck but the weather should be better.

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I feel for you! That was how 2006 was for me. Bug getting the adnoids/tonsils removed and me thinking, ah life is great! And then she turns around and busts her teeth on the coffee table, and you know the rest of the story...

It'll get better! Try what cpa mom said. You never know!

Happy Working Mom said...

Ohhh, I'm so sorry to hear about the girls! It really sucks when bad things happen to the kids because it always seems like you can't do enough to fix it.

I hope Ashley's tooth is OK...my daughter had some tooth discoloration and the dentist said it was nothing. I hope that's the case for her!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

One of these days, things will start to get better! I agree with CPA Mom, talk to the administrator. If they say no you haven't lost anything so why not go for it!!

Hugs!

Lost A Sock said...

You poor guys!!

Sending some health, sleep and good gravy, dental insurance vibes in your direction. February is coming soon...

Erin said...

Shoot - it sure isn't getting any better for you is it :(

(((((HUGS))))))

Swampwitch said...

I with you...2007 is going to start for me on February 1. Hope that Audrey feels better and you can work something out with the dentist or with your insurance.
http://anecdotes.typepad.com