Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A look back at 2006 and beyond...

Ray and I tend to do major changes in a bunch. Like when we got married and I started a new job as soon as we returned from our honeymoon. Or when Ray quit the consulting world and became a realtor right when Ashley was born. So 2006 was no different.

Move 3 hours from extended family to a new state? Check. Have a second child? Check. Start a new job? Check. Kids in a new school? Check. Ray join a new real estate team? Check. Join Weight Watchers and lose 40 pounds (okay, except I gained 3.5 last week, but who's counting?). Check.

We are hoping 2007 comes without many major changes. We are staying put in North Carolina, and no more kids are on the way. I am however back in school, but that career change won't happen until 2008 unless I can do a lateral move into teaching.

I am not one for New Year's resolutions either. I do want to do more scrapbooking, more list making, more music playing. Throw in spending time with the kids and husband and some running (it's the only way I think I am going to lose my last 20 pounds), and I have a full plate. But I couldn't think of it any other way. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2007, and I can't wait to live this year with everyone.

4 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

I hope you have a calm and relaxing 2007 with no major changes!!!

That Chick Over There said...

I do the same thing. I have to keep the crazy going as long as possible so I do like, five hundred things at a time.

Jennifer said...

I hope this year brings stability. I like getting in my routines and just making things run smoothley. You have so much to do....... I am in awe.

Susan in va said...

Great day, woman! I would have lost my mind!

Wishing you lots of balance, consistency, stability, solidity, and constancy '07!