Thursday, March 29, 2007

All the Bad Stuff Did Not Come From Me

You know how your life feels kind of like when you are driving down a highway and the car in front of you suddenly swerves and then you are faced with some huge metal thing in your way with little time to move and you just know you are going to hit it at 60 mph? First off, that did actually happen to me on Saturday and I did damage to the bumper on the van. Luckily, the tire was okay. But this week leading up to April is kind of like that. April is going to be nuts for us. Ray is going away for a few days for a conference, I am going scrapbooking one weekend, I have my teaching exam, Easter, you name it, it happens in April.

And then last night Audrey was up all.night.long. Kind of like she was when she had ear infections. It has been 85 degrees here the past two days and the pollen count is through the roof. On Monday Audrey had goopy eyes and a slight fever. Then Tuesday just the regular runny nose and a cough. Then last night she didn't sleep at all. Ray took her to the doctor today. Asthma and allergies which totally come from Ray. See? I have no allergies, nothing. Ray? Lots of allergies to include peanuts and seasonal allergies. Ashley has never had a peanut butter sandwich for fear her throat will close.

So they did an inhaler for Audrey in the office and put her on Zyrtec and a steroid. She goes back in three weeks for her 15 month and they will re-evaluate her then. One more thing for me to worry incessantly about...

11 comments:

my4kids said...

Your month leading to April sounds a little similar to my February. Yeah, don't want to live through that again.
So glad to hear you are okay from the accident. I can't beleive you didn't tell us till Thursday though!
I agree with cpa mom we have the asthma and allergies issue in our house also and most days that part isn't on the radar its just managed and we get used to it.

SJINCO said...

Oh the allergies. I feel your pain, and Audrey's. I'm convinced that Isaac has allergies & asthma (like me!) and well our doctor doesn't want to go there just yet. What the eff ever!!!

The medicines will help, they surely help me! Glad to hear you and your van (well sorta) is okay!

Here's to some sleep tonight!

Katie Swaner said...

I was just telling rob today that I think ew ned to start Ally back on her Claritin. She has to take it all through the pollen months. yuck. And, yes. it comes from her dad (along with the bad ears)

PS. Hey, I just announced a contest if you're interested

Lost A Sock said...

Oye oye oye... We hear you with the allergies and asthma. Spring is great, but then also, not so great...

Lizarita said...

Allergies+living in the South=misery. I feel your pain. Well, not YOURS you lucky allergen-free woman, you! But Ray and the girls! Just stopping by to say HI!! I haven't commented anywhere lately b/c I've been lazy, I mean busy. :)

frannie said...

sorry life is so hectic right now--- remember to breathe!

Jennifer said...

So glad you were not hurt! I know what you mean April is coming! I feel the same way it's a packed month with a holiday. Hard not to worry about a peanut allergy. Too bad we are not closer. I am on the night shift anyway. Audrey and Zach could watch cartoons together.

Alpha Dude said...

Sorry to hear about all the "stuff".

Glad everyone is okay.

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya, girly....I'm sorry she's so sick again.

Glad you weren't hurt in the van incident!!

:)

Kelly said...

Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better soon!

Erin said...

Awwww.... that stinks :( The pollen has been REALLY bad here hasn't it?? It was like this 2 years ago, but last year there was hardly anything. I freaked out about it the first time I saw it too, it was totally weird to me! But now I'm so used to it, partly because I take Singulair which totally rocks! Too bad she is too young to be on allergy medicine :(

Hope she feels better real soon!