Thursday, October 11, 2007

Audrey P-audrey, Pudding and Pie. Kissed a boy and made him cry...

Ashley and I sing that song to Audrey all the time. I think she is going to get a complex about kissing boys if we don't stop soon.

Audrey, Audrey, Audrey. It seems in the past few weeks, she has grown up so much. She's funny and moody, all at the same time (kind of just like her Momma). And when she is in a bad mood, watch out.

She talks nonstop. The other night I took off her clothes and went to get her bath ready. In those few minutes, she decided to pee on a playmat hopscotch thing we have in the playroom (that lucky for us is very water proof and easy to clean). She came running up to me, "wet, wet Mommy, wet". And sure enough, she was wet and the playmat was wet.

She is getting really picky at bedtime. We read two books, and we often go through a couple of choices for her before she finally agrees on what she wants read to her. And then the same thing with the song choice. No is a shake of the head and a repeated "no" until you give her another choice.

She has been sleeping great. Only about once a week she wakes up. She did that Monday night, she was crying and the minute I opened her door, the crying miraculously stopped and she said, "Cup. Water." Which she drank and went right back in her crib.

Wednesday morning she pooped while Ray was getting the girls ready for school. She went up to Ray and told him, "poop." Then she proceeded to tell him, "my butt stinks". I guess we kind of need to watch our language around this one!

I guess the biggest development news is that we got rid of the highchair. She is now in a booster seat at the kitchen table. As I wanted to sob and cry about getting rid of the highchair that was hers and Ashley's, I know it's okay. I know it's okay they are growing up and coming into their own. It's just so damn hard to watch....

21 comments:

Sabrina said...

She is adorable!

bichonpawz said...

It IS hard to watch them grow up....my daughter is now 21!! And, it happens so very fast!!

Lost A Sock said...

Ha! I loved "my butt stinks." That's too cute. I'm loving this age as well, but it's going to pass before we know it.

Wendy said...

hee! She is adorable:)

Happy Working Mom said...

She really is getting bigger! Sounds like she's in the early stages of being ready to be potty trained!!

My son does the same thing with water at night. He wakes up for a drink (even though I've left the sippy cup right there, he still calls for me), and then goes right back to bed.

Anonymous said...

The "my butt stinks" cracked me up. I needed that. Thanks, Audrey :)

SJINCO said...

Ohhhhh! Sounds like she's interested in potty training, which I think is GREAT! I'm all for no more diaper changing. Or buying diapers at all for that matter.

They are so cute at this age, their personality shines so much and they really do start picking up things like crazy.

She's totally adorable. And I can picture her and her cuteness saying 'my butt stinks'.

Ha, that's great!

frannie said...

oh, that is hard to watch. I am already crying about Drama leaving for college.

Mrs. Booms said...

Oh she's becoming such a big girl... It's hard when your baby gets so big.

Julie said...

Awww, she sounds like a really funny girl. I think she & Emily could do some major damage together though. Emily's favorite thing is to talk about her little BOYfriend Carter - all day long.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

No more highchair!? Wow!

I have put off getting rid of anything "baby" as far as Alyssa is concerned.

Pam said...

She is too cute! Sounds like potty training won't be too hard with this one! I know it is hard to put the things away - like the highchair- but just think of all the fun and exciting things yet to come! Thanks for sharing your family!!

my4kids said...

I love the "my butt stinks" comment to cute. Izzak once told us when he was litte "my butt don work!"

Pamela said...

bet she'll be easy to train -if the stink already bothers her

How do you end that song? When the boys came out to play, Audrey Paudrey ran away???

Beccy said...

Lol "my butt stinks", that is so funny.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. (sniff, sniff)

Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae said...

Hard to watch...yes...but, it's so nice when you don't have to worry about where they poop and pee!!!

Beckie said...

It is sad...I know exactly what you mean. Right now I am sad because my youngest doesn't need the step stool to wash her hands anymore. It is one of the last little kid things we have around.

Pam said...

swing by my blog...gave you an award- you fabulous blogger!

Melanie said...

They do grow up so quickly. Time has never flown so fast for me until last year when I had Hailey.

Daisy said...

It's tough to watch, isn't it? When people say "They grow so fast!" they're not kidding. And iy youngest is 15!