Saturday, October 20, 2007

The rest of day one...

We are in Disney! Wahoo!

So the rest of our travel day....

We stopped somewhere in GA for dinner at Cracker Barrel. We had a slight incident where I freaked out because I couldn't find Audrey's Crocs she wears all the time, but they were of course in the van. Ashley did end up taking a nap at 4:30 until we stopped to eat. We made it to the Holiday Inn in Yulee, FL at 8:00pm and had everyone in bed by 9:00pm. It was a little challenging getting everyone to go to sleep as Ashley kept trying to talk to Audrey and Audrey kept standing up in the portable crib and we were all in the same room.

We were up, ate our free breakfast, and out of the hotel before 8:00am...the rest of it I will post tonight! Right now we are in between "activities" as Audrey is napping, Ashley is watching TV, and Ray has gone to the Super Target.

Because we forgot to pack Audrey diapers. Seriously.

7 comments:

ChrisB said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing but forgetting diapers!! Looking forward to hearing what you did today.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry... did you say you forgot ... Diapers! Funny! (of course not funny to you)! I would think those would just stay in the car permanently!

Happy vacationing!

frannie said...

I can't wait to hear more... I can't believe that about the diapers!

Pam said...

don't worry about the diapers....that is why they make Wal-mart/Target/Kmart.....so glad that the last of your driving went well....I always find it hard to get everyone to sleep on vacation being in the same room. I'm sure after a full day of fun...everyone will sleep. Can't wait to hear more!

SJINCO said...

Hahaha. We've done that too! Good thing there was a Super Target close by!

Although I would have gone myself rather then sending Keven....cause I love me some Target. But anyway.

Hope you are having a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear MORE!

my4kids said...

Only an hour to get them to bad is not bad!

I don't want to tell you how often I have forgotten diapers when the kids were little and we were going on trips. Madison still has to wear a pullup at night because of her bathroom problems and yes I've forgotten those. Not like I haven't been doing this parenting for 12 1/2 years and I still forget them...

Edie said...

I couldn't wait to get in to work today to read your blog. Then, I had to do some actual work first... go figure. I'm catching up now and am already laughing.