Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I know I am not alone...

I need some sleep. I am thinking that maybe in January I will get some.

Or maybe when Audrey decides to sleep a little more.

It has been a rough two weeks with Audrey. Her bedtime routine is getting longer and longer and she cries when we put her in the crib. Sometimes she cries for like 30 seconds after getting her in her crib, other nights, we end up going back in.

And she has been getting up in the middle of the night as well. Last night she was up at 12:45am and then again at 4:45am. About once a week she has been running a slight fever and really not sleeping. We assume it's her teeth; she constantly has her fingers in her mouth and when I went in at 4:45am this morning, she was pointing to her mouth and crying.

I know it could be worse, I really do. It just sucks that there seems to be nothing we can do for her. We do the teething tablets, I gave her Ibuprofen last night (I may try Tylenol tonight, but normally Tylenol comes right back up...), nothing seems to get her through the night. There are still lumps in the back of her gums where her molars are coming in.

As far as the bedtime routine thing goes, we may convert her crib to a toddler bed sooner than later. That's the only idea we have to make the bedtime routine go smoother. Maybe if she is the one climbing into bed, she will like it a little more.

Starbucks sounds really good right about now....

18 comments:

CPA Mom said...

starbucks sounds really good right now to me too - I'm up all hours just working on my to do list!

Poor Audrey! We lucked out on the teeth - neither kid had any trouble like that...hope it gets better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Morgan, for the most part, did okay with teeth. She'd throw up a few times and have a few sleepless nights, but nothing like what you guys are going through. She's the same with Tylenol, too....it goes in...it comes right back out.

Hang in there---it'll get better :)

Katie Swaner said...

we're doing the exact same thing with Anya right now. I've been wondering if it's her canines. But it seems like we always have an adjustment when we switch from heater to air conditioner and back. She's very temperature sensative, so I really don't know what's causing it. I just want it to stop!

Sabrina said...

WE ended up rooming the girls together. They sleep way better that way. Good luck with sleeping, it's one of the hardest things to deal with!

Pamela said...

granparents used to put whiskey on a cloth and rub it on the gums (but I don't know how much - ha ha)

Poor little girl. Poor mama.

Unknown said...

Wow, does she always have this much trouble cutting teeth? You make me appreciate that all those years are behind me. :) Sorry, for you, though.

Happy Working Mom said...

Have you tried letting her sleep with Ashley? I know that makes our bedtime routines a ton easier because the kids know they can sleep together. We just put one of those safety gates up on the side with my son and then my daughter sleeps next to him.

I was up four times with the kids last night, so I really feel your pain!

Lost A Sock said...

Ohhhh those teeth are misery. It's so hard to know when to blame teeth, or when it's something else, and why they're crabby and not sleeping, and ohhh those teeth.

Hope this phase ends soon.

Misty said...

I am so sorry this is so tough... I have no advice for you, which makes me feel like a heal... I do hope, however, that you get a little help and that you and Audrey can get a little peace!

Wendy said...

Oh man! I hope those babies pop through soon:( I hope you were able to get some starbucks!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Poor Audrey and you too! I hope those teeth come through soon. Maybe her sleeping in the same room with Ashley is a good idea.

Kaylie and Haley have always shared a room and Haley used to wake up and crawl into bed with Kaylie rather than come and wake us up.

Julie said...

Could it be more than the teeth? Ears? Maybe strep? Not to get you paranoid or anything. With low grade fever could be strep. That's making the rounds BIG TIME up here.

Pam said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I feel your pain! I hope those teeth break through soon. I'm thinking of you!

Lizarita said...

Oh, Bella went through that crap and it.was.hard. I feel for ya sister! I hope you get some much needed rest soon!

la bellina mammina said...

No, you're not alone sweetie!

LP takes such a long time to fall asleep - about an hour. I read him a book, then we sing a few songs then we will chat and sing to himself during that time.

I do hope Audrey sleeps easily soon... as soon as the tooth cuts through.

Hang in there! If I live near you, I would have gotten you something from Starbucks :-)

Unknown said...

That sucks - I feel your pain. Ibuprofen always worked for us ;-(. Wish I could buy you a Pumpkin Spice Latte! YUM!

SJINCO said...

I really, really, really hope that the sleeping situation with Audrey ends soon. We have a terrible time with Isaac as well, so I totally feel your pain!

Try spoons, I've heard that they work!? And or give her something cold to eat, like popsicles?

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I'll meet at Starbucks....