Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Because I am honestly nuts.

I decided this year that I would have Ashley's birthday party at our house. Ashley never really had a place in mind to do her party, and I really enjoy planning this sort of thing. I have my research done, games and activities picked out, food planned, supplies ordered, cake pan ordered, invitations done.

I was thinking that this party would actually cost less than doing it somewhere like a jump place or even the dreaded Chuck E. Cheese, and I am very quickly realizing that it definitely will not be cheaper. I have my spreadsheet keeping track of my expenditures (the accountant in me), and I am already at almost $100 without even buying food and some decorations. I may still be able to keep it under $200 which I think is about what it would cost to do her party at some sort of party place.

One thing I definitely saved money on was doing the invitations myself. Plus, I got alot of enjoyment doing them, and Ashley really liked them. They just took me about two weeks because as I said in yesterday's post, I am starting projects and not finishing them. I finally finished them Sunday night, and here they are. I have obviously marked through our address, but here they are. I used glitter glue to outline the guitar shape, and up the guitar says "It's no secret, Ashley's having a rockin' birthday party". Yes, it's a Hannah Montana birthday party.

We invited 13, but I know at least three of them invitees cannot make it, so there will be 10 screaming girls in my house. God help me.

19 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! It will be a BLAST! You will have the headaches and mess to clean up, but I guarantee that she will LOVE it and so will you!
I always have so much more fun with my kids when we do the parties at home!
:) Debi

Mozi Esme said...

Lucky girl - sounds like fun!

And it is amazing how do-it-yourself so often ends up on par or more expensive than buying or hiring it out.

Anonymous said...

How crafty are you?! I love the invitations :) Sure, you'll have 10 screaming girls in your house, but Ashley? Will love every minute :)

frannie said...

that is so cute!!

I plan my son's party so far in advance, it is ridiculous! and, yes, it costs a lot of money to throw a party at your house!

Happy Working Mom said...

Wow! Good for you!

No, having parties at home is definitely not cheaper than party places (we usually spend at least $100 more than we would have to have it somewhere else), but I think they're a ton more fun!

Julie said...

OMG, those are ADORABLE invites! Abby had HM party last year and I used the store bought ones but yours are way cuter.

And yes, you are nuts having 10 screaming girls at your house! : )

Debz said...

This is one of those things that Ashley will always remember. This party will be awesome! 10 girls at one time sounds daunting at best - good luck to ya.
Super job on the invites! They are great!

Kelly said...

Those are AWESOME invitations! How creative.

Terri said...

The invitations are great! I am sure they will have a great time! Have fun with them!!

3XMom said...

wow! VERY impressive!

Laura said...

Sending you Tylonel now...stock up!!!!

Honestly, it will be a blast and I cannot wait to hear allabout it!

That Chick Over There said...

Oh. Bless your heart.

Kelly said...

Great job on the invites....they look so good...can I hire you out? Have fun with the party..I'm sure Ashley will have a BLAST!

Pamela said...

lucky kid...
I was always jealous of kids who got birthday parties.. Now I'm jealous of Ashley. ha ha ha

CPA Mom said...

Oh wowsa, you have a lot of talent!! those invites are so cool!!

So what fun thing are you doing Saturday for your 10th anniversary? I'm sorry you can't go to Disney...

Sabrina said...

Your nuts

la bellina mammina said...

blsshmwsounds like fun! And the invitation card looks really cool!

SJINCO said...

Way cool invites! But Ashley's a way cool girl, so she deserves them! You are a talented Mom my dear.

And the party will be a blast. Just make sure you have a bottle of wine (or two) for afterwards.

bichonpawz said...

I LOVED the parties we did for my daughter at home! We did several pool parties...ahhhhh....the memories! You will have so much FUN! Do enlist a friend to help "contain" the little ones though...