Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few things...

- Yes, we are leaving Friday for Disney. Yes, we are taking Ashley out of school for three days. And yes, that means we are horrible parents.

- No, this week has not been good. Ashley has decided her new time to wake up is 5:00am. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but today was a different story. I can only fight so many battles. I know this kindergarten thing is a huge adjustment, I realize that. I just don't know how to make her sleep past 5:00am.

- No, I am not going to Blogher. Would I like to go? I don't know. I have heard so many conflicting things about it. My goal with this blog isn't to have 100 comments, or even 3. My goal is to connect with others in the same predicaments as me, and to document my life with my kids. Everything else that comes out of blogging is a huge bonus. So to go to Blogher to promote my blog would not be a goal. To go to Blogher to meet people would, but it also seems that Blogher is always the weekend of Ashley's birthday, so I am pretty sure I will never go. Good God, I am good at rambling.

8 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

YAY for Disney. I hope you all have a fab time. Can't wait to see pictures.

I would like to go to BlogHer for the same reasons as you to meet other moms going on this same journey of parenting. No I'm not going this year.

I just really like connecting with other moms and that is why I love blogging. I wish you weren't 3 hours away and we could meet up. Maybe when we are out that way... we could do a bloggy meetup hehe :)

Lori said...

I hope you have a blast down here in Disney... I'm sure you will! It has been very hot and be prepared for mid-day storms.

As for the waking up at 5am... my guess is it is just an excitement thing. Give it a bit and I'm sure it will work itself out

BS said...

Could you send her waking up at 5AM vibes to me? That is when I should be getting up each weekday morning and I want to sleep more!! The more active she gets in school, the less likely she will get up at the god awful time in the morning !

Anonymous said...

You're not horrible parents for pulling her out of school. You're not the first parent to do it and certainly not the last.

BlogHer? So not for me. My blog is a place for me to vent about the crap that builds in my brain. It's where I seek advice from other parents about how to go about potty training or how to survive the Terrible Two's without needing a new liver. It's where I whine about how down and out I feel and it's where I've made so many friends.

One of these days, I'd love to get a group of us together and chill on a beach for three or four days. How awesome would THAT be?!

debi9kids said...

LOL I am so sorry I haven't been by! For some reason my blogroll wasn't showing you as having posted! ( I should've known better!)
Have a great trip!
When will you be away? I will be in your neck of the woods sometime between July 25- the 31st.
:) debi

Frannie said...

bI hope y'all have a great time in Disney-- but I know you will!!

Pamela said...

I've got to say the same thing... you aren't horrible parents -- I would think you were horrible if you decided that kindergarten was more important than family fun!!!

Go -- be blessed -- and enjoy your family!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Disney! We're taking out kids out for a couple days in October to go . . . they're only little for a short while!

She'll adjust - it just takes time - I'm already dreading just adjusting from our summer schedule back to the school schedule in a month. Mostly for me! Because I get to sleep in an extra 30 minutes in the summer . . . my work schedule is the same, but Dude doesn't have to be out the door so early in the summer.

Hang in there! It really will get easier . . . she'll figure it out.