Thursday, July 03, 2008

How things have changed...

The meeting with the new teacher went great. I think Ashley is going to have a great first year in elementary school. There are two other kids from the neighborhood and her preschool class that are in her kindergarten class. I told her new teacher this, and she recommended that the three of them be seperated as far as seating arrangements at the beginning of the school year, which is probably a good idea. Ashley and her two friends can be pretty chatty sometimes, and this will hopefully help them make new friends in the class.

I am happy too that the teacher was completely fine with Ashley missing a few days in July for our mini-vacation to Disney. I just have to fill out a form that states it is for educational purposes...

And for school lunches now, we can prepay online and the kids get a credit card (I think...). I remember bringing money to school with me and having to keep track of that, and now we can just go online and load up money for her to buy lunch.

And I am already causing problems. There are two bus stops on our street...I want Ashley to go to a particular one (we are kind of in the middle of the two) and of course she was signed up for the other stop. I filled out a form to have her switched, so hopefully that will go through.

I got a little choked up at one point while talking to her teacher this morning. I am really going to be a mess next week.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Educational purposes huh? And they get a credit card? Wow... :P

If you need to get out of the house and get a drink, call me. I could use a drink!

Lori said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well... I knew it would!

Frannie said...

glad the meeting went well... but it is so hard watching them grow up!!

Laura said...

It is harder on us than on them...she will do great...

Good Luck!

debi9kids said...

Oh wow! It is so hard to watch them grow up, isn't it?
I esp. hate when they make that jump from baby to real kid! :(

Steph said...

Glad to hear that all is going well. You are going to be in sheer amazement at all she learns in kindergarten - it is awesome!