Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We Opened and Closed a Park

Last year we only spent about an hour at Animal Kingdom. Ashley had melted down, and it was hot and everyone was cranky.

But this year, we actually got to enjoy the park. We were there when it opened at 9:00am, and we left the park after it closed at 5:00pm. Audrey ended up taking a nap in her stroller, Ashley rode Expedition Everest, a roller coaster, three times, and we got to see the parade and the most amazing show I have seen at Disney so far, Finding Nemo the Musical. It was amazing. If you go to Disney, definitely go see that show.

We were hoping the girls would sleep in this morning, but no luck. They were both up before 7:00am even though Audrey didn't go to sleep until after 10:00pm. We are heading to a water park today, and then Magic Kingdom again tonight.

The only other thing to note so far is Audrey is obviously allergic to bananas. She broke out in hives all over her face after just eating a little bit. Thankfully the store at the resort had Children's Benedryl, and it cleared it up right away.

9 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like you are having a blast and at least it has been a bit cooler here lately... high 80s is nice compared to the low 90s of the last few weeks

Brandi said...

Glad you are having a good time!

Julie said...

sounds like a fun trip - minus the allergic reaction.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good time at the park :)

That's sucky about the bananas!!

Terri said...

Glad to hear that you are having a great time!

SJINCO said...

I'm so glad that you caught Audrey's reaction to banana's and that it wasn't worse than it was. Allergic reactions suck! And well, it COULD have put a damper on your trip, however it didn't.

And for that I'm glad! Glad you are all having a wonderful time.

Misty said...

so fun... we've never been and I'm jealous... I hope you continue to have a great time...

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous that you are having a great time!

I hope you continue to enjoy your time at Disney :)

Alicia
www.momdot.com

Mel said...

I'm always jealous of your disney stories. We're going in April and I cannot wait to see the Nemo show. It's good to know that you recommend it!! I can't believe your daughter rode Mt Everest. My son is 8 and I've been trying to think of ways to coerce him on. I thought it was a great ride, but gotta say that the yetti thing scared the crap out of me. Hope you had a great rest of the time there!!