Monday, December 08, 2008

My House Has Become a Black Hole

Ray has been taking Ashley to the library once a week to get her excited about reading and get new books for us to have at home. We also are trying to get Ashley to realize we don't need to buy her new books, she has plenty to choose from at the library.

One of the books has gone missing. Poof, gone, disappeared, no where in our house to be found. I last saw it in our bed when Audrey was reading it. So I am guessing I will have to pay for that one.

So that's one thing missing in the "black hole" of our house. And just let me clarify, our house is not that cluttered. We don't have a lot sitting out, we try to keep toys in their respective rooms in the house. Ray will say we have a lot of crap, but there really isn't that much room for stuff to go missing in. I searched the couch cushions, took apart our bed. It's just gone.

So then Friday night we had that PJ exchange at our house...I of course had two kids I was supposed to buy for. As is my normal fashion, I waited until 5:00pm to wrap the gifts. And of course I could not find one of them. I searched, Ray searched, the pj's were no where to be found.

Grrr.

Thankfully, the one I lost for a just turned one year old, so she didn't even realize I had misplaced her present.

Then last night I remembered I have to turn in Ashley cheerleading uniform at some point this week.

You guessed it, I can't find it. I give up.

6 comments:

Lori said...

does Ashley borrow books from the library at school? could you have returned it there by mistake??

Julie said...

yikes, what's going to happen when it's time to wrap christmas presents!? : )

we currently have a lost book somewhere in our house as well - no clue where it is.

Pamela said...

I know you weren't trying to make me feel better, but you did. ha ha ha.

bichonpawz said...

I lose things all the time, girl. You are not alone....not that it helps....

Tiaras and Timeouts said...

Yes, the black hole is a bad, bad thing. So far, the one at our house has swallowed a pair of my favorite sunglasses, numerous socks and random shoes without a mate, one library book, and a checkers game...

SJINCO said...

Is this a possible side effect of being a full-time working Mom of two kids with a husband and housework, and dinners to cook and laundry to do and ..... the list goes on and on and on?

I think it is!

Hope the stuff turns up soon!