Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Ray made my Christmas this year...

When I was younger, we would get a real Christmas tree. I vividly remember one year nailing the sucker to the floor because we just couldn't get it to stay up. I also remember dragging the thing through the townhouse we lived in, creating a carpet of dead pine needles.

But still, real trees are my favorite.

Last year, we purchased a sad looking artificial tree. It was a pre-lit tree, but we went for the one on sale, and it looked pretty sad.

It looked even sadder Sunday night when I put it up and half the lights were blown. It was my only chance to try and convince Ray to get a real tree. The stars must of been aligned, because he agreed, and off we were to buy a stand and then to the local tree lot to get a tree.

It is really lovely, the house smells like Christmas, the kids love it. Now if I could only convince him that I need another tree...

9 comments:

Lori said...

Our family is the opposite way... I grew up with artificial trees and hubby real ones. We have 11' ceilings so he conceded that buying a 9' or bigger tree each year would get pricey. I think we may get a real tree to put on our door step this year... then you'll smell the pine smell just as you enter and all the pine needles will be outside!

Anonymous said...

Real trees are the ONLY way to go! Gotta have the smell, and the needles to clean up :-)

I grew up with artifical trees, and the first thing I did when I got my own place, and every year since, is go cut down my very own live Christmas tree :-)

SJINCO said...

I love real trees too but because it's so damn dry in Colorado they don't last. We got one for our very first Christmas in Colorado and the darn thing was dead by Christmas. We ended up with an awesome fake tree in the end, which I love. I do miss the smell of a fresh cut tree however....

I'm glad you got a live tree this year, I bet it's beautiful!

Julie said...

we had 3 live trees one year - that was really fun but a lot of work!

Frannie said...

so glad you got one of your holiday wishes!

bichonpawz said...

I love the real tree smell and look too...but my allergies don't! I suck it up and feel just a little miserable til Christmas is over. I just love real trees! Glad he came through for you!!

Anonymous said...

Real trees are the best! The smell, the look, and the fun picking one out… If I only had a house to put a tree in….

CPA Mom said...

I love the smell of real trees but not the hassle. we have a prelit artificial and I love it.

Pamela said...

don't push your luck ... enjoy the one. ha ha

we always had real ones. One year we had a live one (potted!) and then planted it.

Last few years I haven't put one up.
Only will if grandchildren come.