Friday, June 19, 2009

12 years

This week has been kind of crazy with something going on every night, just random stuff that popped up this week. Ray has also pulled some late nights working and the kids have continued to not sleep as well as they should.

The week also started off bad with me finding out my best friend from college, who I was matron of honor in her wedding and she was maid of honor in mine, was getting divorced.

But it will end on a high note. Ray and I celebrating our twelve year wedding anniversary tomorrow. Yes, there are things about me that probably bug the crap out of Ray, like how I never like to make decisions or how I drive him nuts by worrying too much, but he puts up with me. We make a good pair, and complement each other in every way that we need to.

Last night, we took a page from Debbie's book and sat on the front porch after I got home from band practice and the kids were in bed and just talked. It was nice to have an adult conversation without it being between commercial breaks of So You Think You Can Dance or while trying to do the dishes.

We are not planning anything special for tomorrow; I have a Girl Scout event to go to with Ashley during the day. We won't do presents, but we will get to spend some time together at the end of the day. And that's all I want.

3 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

Happy Anniversary! You've been married double the time I have!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! I hope it's wonderful and that you have many more!

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary!