Monday, June 15, 2009

Strangers say the funniest things...

So Saturday morning, I got up, along with 22,000 other people in the Raleigh area, and ran the Race for the Cure. My street has a team that my neighbor has put together for the last 3 years, and its a lot of fun. I had a goal in mind for the race, and unfortunately I didn't meet it. I was trying to run the race in about 32 minutes, and I came in over 34 minutes. Oh well. The problem? The first mile I did somewhere around 10 minutes (it said 10:44 when I passed it, but I didn't cross the start line right when the race started). That was WAY too fast for my first mile, and after that, the race course turned into a neighborhood with hills, and on the first hill I got nauseous and had to really slow down. But at least I didn't walk.

I got home from the race, and Ray had to go to work, so I decided it was a good time to go run a few errands. You know, at lunch time take the kids to the grocery store. Brilliant. I only needed a few things, so I put the girls in one of those race car shopping carts and started shopping. Only Ashley really doesn't fit in one of those and was constantly encroaching on Audrey's space. Audrey decided she was pissed and pinched her sister, and hence the great sibling fight of 2009 started. At this point, I was so close to being done, I just was trying to get out of there when an older woman walked up to us. She said she was glad to see my girls fighting as it proved to her husband that siblings fight. She went onto explain that her grandkids are close in age and are fighting constantly and her husband, the grandfather, thinks it isn't right.

So thanks Ashley and Audrey for being horrible in the grocery store. You helped out some grandparents realize kids can really be bad.

4 comments:

ChrisB said...

I did the 'Race for Life' here on Sunday (I only walk) I guess it's a similar project. I'm full of admiration that you ran it so quickly.

Terri said...

Better than the woman that came to me and said "looks like someone need a swat on their bottom" because Delaney was having a fit because her two brothers were in the said race car shopping cart! lol

Congrats on the race! Even if you didn't meet your goal, you did great!

That Chick Over There said...

LOL at the strangers comments.

But GO YOU for running in the race. I'm thrilled that so many people participated!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.