Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday! And an Award! And 2 days until 13.1 miles!

I have successfully made it to Friday. I was reprimanded as soon as I walked into my office building this morning by someone who didn't like how I coughed into my hands. Which is fine, I washed them immediately, but how about "good morning?".

And yes, I am two days from running 13.1 miles and I have a hacking cough and am on antibiotics. I am hopeful that come Sunday I won't cough up a lung on the course. I want to run a really good race. My goals? Everything I have read says do not have time goals for your first half marathon. Hmm. Well, I guess that makes sense but considering I did a 10 mile race and I know how I did that, I do have some sort of timey-type goals for this race.

I would really, really like to finish in less than 2 1/2 hours. That would be sweet. But that's it. I am not setting any other goals than to finish.

As far as how I have run this week? On the schedule were a couple of 2 miles runs which I successfully did 2 of. Hopefully I will be okay come Sunday, but I figured it was better to rest and get over whatever I have then to run and get worse. Let the carb-loading begin!

I was also given a blogging award this week by someone who seems just like me (in all the good ways) - make sure you check her out - Opinions from the Pressure Cooker.

So the award - Superior Scribbler

The rules:
* Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
* Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
* Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
* Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
* Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

So here who I pass it on to:

3 comments:

sam said...

I saw you on mel0tall mom on the run's blog, just wanted to come wish you luck for your race!! I hope you don't hack up a lung and that the antibiotics kick in asap!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Thank you :)!!

That was rude of your co-worker. I mean my goodness you coughed in your hand. Hope you do a super fab job with the run. I know you will. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Frema said...

Can't wait to read all aboout your race, Amy! And I hope you're feeling all better now.