Thursday, November 12, 2009

Post Run Let Down

So here I am, a few days on the other side of running a half marathon.

And I don't know what to do with myself.

My knees are still bothering me, so exercising is out of the picture for the moment. I want to run another 1/2 marathon, but no one seems to want to do the Myrtle Beach one with me. Ray wants me to take a break.

I want to keep running.

But only because I really want a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks everyday.

I am going to buy new running shoes at lunch today - real running shoes, not the $35 ones I got at Kohl's. I am going to a real running store and having them tell me what I need.

Maybe that will help me for now.

2 comments:

SJINCO said...

You said it was addicting! Let me know what kind of shoes you get, I'm thinking about treating myself to a pair so that I can start off on the right foot ...

Hardy har-har-har...

Carmen said...

The same thing happened to me after my first and this time has been no different. It makes me sad. I have not run all week. Weather sucks! I hope to get out there tomorrow, but it really takes putting another race on your schedule to brighten your running heart.