Monday, July 19, 2010

The Pool

I am going to say my streak is still alive considering I carried Audrey up the steps to the top of the slide at our pool once on Sunday. Which that is an accomplishment as I seem to have caught some sort of stomach thing where my stomach is pretty pissed at me. As soon as Ray got home from working his open house last night, I raised my white flag and went to bed.

So the pool. Audrey loves the pool now. She wears her life vest and will go down the slide, jump in the deep end, go off the diving board, have fun in the lazy river (yes, our pools in our neighborhood ROCK).

But yesterday she decided to fight her sister over a sea noodle Ashley picked up out of lost and found, despite the fact that she didn't need it to keep her afloat. So at break time, she threw a fit which included her hitting me. So we left (and lucky for Ashley, her friend was at the pool and her family said she could stay with them so I could take Satan child home). I carried a screaming Audrey out of the pool and to the van. At that point, she realized what was up, and completely calmed down and said, "I am ready to go back to the pool now. I calmed down."

I told her hitting and having a temper-tantrum (my friend who has a 4.5 year old right now is going through the same temper-tantrum stuff with her son)(I still say and this is proof that the halves are worse than the wholes) was not acceptable and we could go back to the pool another day. Which of course this brought on more crying until we got home. To which she decided as we got out of the van that she was going to walk back to the pool (about 3/4 of a mile, or more, I forget). I go inside and watch her through the front door. She stands there, acts like she is going to walk down the steps, then she peers back into the front door. And then comes in, saying sorry.

She was tired and hungry. We both got changed, and she hung out with me on the couch. She may be small, but no one is ever going to mess with this kid. She can throw one heck of a tantrum....

4 comments:

Megan said...

I really love summer and especially having a vacation with my family on a resort, and It's very nice to have a good swimming on a pool while the sun is high rising.

Pamela said...

wow.. she said sorry. That is a very gracious gift at a young age!

Carry said...

Its feel so awesome when sun is rising and you are swimming! I just love swimming.

Pamela said...

You have a great blog, I love going to swimming when its summer. Its very refreshing. Thanks for the share! I love watching the picture.