Thursday, January 13, 2011

I still have a ton going on....

Next week my youngest turns 5. I am still uncertain to where the last 5 years went, but she is excited. Why? Because she knows going to kindergarten is really, really close. I actually get to register her for kindergarten on her birthday. I will save my sappy post for Tuesday about her, but she is such a happy kid that she makes everyday shine.

And yes, Ashley makes our days shine too. We had a month or so a few months ago where every.little.thing was a battle with her. Thankfully it was a stage and she has been very loving and sweet and helpful lately (although she still has her moments). The only thing the two girls do that drive me nuts? They fight with each other, and it seems like they fight all the time although that is probably an exaggeration. But some days, I swear it sucks the life out of me.

So next week will be filled with birthday dinners, birthday parties, doctor's appointments (for Audrey) and the ever present running. I am in the middle of the highest mileage weeks of my training cycle. I will wait until near the marathon to post my thoughts on my training cycle, but I think I will be embracing the taper weeks at the end. 12 miles and 8 miles for my long runs? Shockingly, those sound like a piece of cake.

1 comment:

SJINCO said...

Does your life EVER slow down!?

It's good to be busy, sounds like you are having a wonderful start to your new year.