Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away

In June, we had Tropical Storm Alberto dump a record amount of rain in the Raleigh area. Malls were flooded, roads were closed (including two of the roads that lead directly to the kids daycare) and property was damaged. Right now, we have some front that is stalled over us. Last report on the Weather Channel, Wake County is under a flash flood warning and is getting hit hard with some rain. And this isn't even Ernesto. We are thinking that we may need a generator instead of an irrigation system at this point. I am thankful that Ernesto weakened and all my blogging friends in Florida are safe!

Onto other problems - anyone have any suggestions on getting the urine smell out of mattresses? Yes, Ashley had not one, but two accidents in her bed last night. Yea for us. I just love getting up at 2:00am to "Mommy, I have to go POTTY," only to find she had already gone in her bed. No, we aren't too smart and have those water proof or whatever sheets on her bed. This will only be the third or fourth accident she has had in bed.

5 comments:

Susan in va said...

Two things:

Ammonia (it got vomit smell out of my carpet and that's NOT an easy job)

Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover (you can get it at PetsMart)

Michele_3 said...

Were still getting rain over here- I'm over it already!
Don't know about the urine, I know they sell something called "urine be gone" or something something..
& I have seen the plastic bed covers- that might help too!
sorry i'm a ditz at remembering the exact names of things sometimes..
Have a good one! :)

Silly Hily said...

I was going to suggest something that they sell to clean up pet accidents. I would go with ammonia though if it got vomit smell out of Susan's carpet.
And yes, get a plastic cover! Totally worth it.
Good luck and let us know what works b/c I'm sure I'll need to know eventually. Oh, and stay dry (or try to) and be safe.

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I'm no help here. I'm like cpa mom, I have the cover on Bug's bed.

Good luck with getting it out :)

SJINCO said...

Did you guys make it through Ernesto okay? My in-laws live in Sunset Beach - they got TONS of rain and a lot of wind so I was thinking about you for sure. I hope this finds you guys safe & dry!!!