Sunday, August 27, 2006

We Love to Swing

Our after dinner activity...
And we got Audrey's swing up, one of many things accomplished this weekend.
We had a great weekend, got a lot done and still had time for tons of family things. My band concert on Friday night went well. There was one song, a Henry Mancini tribute that had Pink Panther in it, that the saxophones completely botched. But being good musicians that we are, we powered through the mistakes and still had a great concert. Ashley enjoyed standing in front of the stage and singing. And she would also let out a "Hi Mommy!" every once in a while. Ray had to eventually take her to a nearby playground so the people around her could actually enjoy the concert.
Saturday I chopped off my hair and we got a treadmill (finally!). Then on Sunday, we went to a great park called Kids Together Park. Throw in a little pool time at the Y this afternoon, and that about sums up a near perfect weekend. And yes, I did get on my treadmill tonight and ran about 30 minutes. I will start revealing the actual distance I run when I can actually run a decent distance.

4 comments:

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Yay on finally getting your treadmill (mine's collecting dust in the garage...LOL).

Amy W said...

I play the Bassoon. Yes, I am reliving my high school band geek days!

Silly Hily said...

Dude, being able to run for 30 minutes is fabulous! It doesn't matter how far you ran. Sounds like a fun weekend.
Oh, and cute, cute, cute pics.

Happy Working Mom said...

My daughter absolutely loves to swing! And she's at a hard age where she can totally pump herself (high too!), but she still wants pushed.

Glad you had a great weekend!