Monday, November 06, 2006

I am going to get a new job

We are in desperate need of some window treatments in my house. That, and Ray and I have absolutely no decorating sense, so we need the whole package, picking out fabric, picking the style of curtain, etc. So last week, we had a custom window treatment lady that lives in our neighborhood come out and give us a quote. Man, if I can make that much making curtains, I am quitting being an accountant and becoming a seamstress! For 4 rooms, the quote was over $4,000. And that's without installation of the curtains, she outsources that. Needless to say, I have now asked for a sewing machine for Christmas (did you know they sell them at Target? I had no idea.). I have the website of the patterns this lady does, so I can just order the patterns and somehow pick out some fabric. Here is a sample of one pattern we really like:




Looks easy, right?

8 comments:

Michele_3 said...

Fabric is too cute!
Looks easy, but I know better to know it isn't..
I'm not going to even attempt a project like that, It won't work for me one bit-LOL!
Good luck to you though-

CPA Mom said...

Good Lord, that is a ton of money. Thank God I have a friend who sews. I bought $100 worth of fabric and paid her $100 and she is sewing my kitchen window curtains. Should be done soon and I'll post a photo. Of course, I doubt I'd ask her for any other room 'cause I don't want to take advantage of her.

Do you sew?

Stacey said...

That looks waaaay easy. You can do it! Of course, you have to decide if you want to take advice from a woman who cannot sew. The only "C" I made in Junior High was in Home Economics.

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm right there with you! I actually own a sewing machine and have only used it once! I have no idea how to sew, but if I did, I would love to make curtains!

Erin said...

4000 for 4 rooms? holy crap!! Who knew??

Michele_3 said...

go check out my post today-
You have been tagged....
:)

SJ said...

Those are some really cute curtains! Now when you learn how to sew, could you make some for me? Good luck!

lizziep901 said...

OOOOH....I love that. When you're done with your house could you come to mine please?? ANd I'd tell the window lady to shove it up her wazoo for $4k.