Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wreck

Seems this fender-bender thing is contagious. Last night while leaving work, I thought the person in front of me had turned right into traffic. So I looked left and started to go. Well, she was still there. So I added to the already messed up bumper from last December when I pretty much did the same thing. Maybe we will actually get it fixed this time. Otherwise we will be the minivan driver that CPA Mom will be cussing because we are driving slow due to our front bumper being duct taped to the front of the van (and rightfully so).

This morning's drop off at daycare was awful. Thankfully, Ray normally does the drop off. But since he doesn't get home until late tomorrow morning, it's me to drop off. Audrey was pretty pissed that I was leaving her there. And I get to do it again tomorrow morning. What fun.

Update on my hired help - we did fire our cleaning lady that almost blew up our house (she didn't even apologize) and I hired my neighbors lady who will actually clean more things and is cheaper. Yea for me. And the curtains? I actually looked on Craigs list and found a SAHM that sews for extra money. If I provide the patterns and fabric, she will sew my curtains for a set price (much cheaper than $4,000!). And if I can help a fellow mom make some money, that's even better.

I of course can't get blogger to load my pictures of my bumper, so I will try in the morning. I have had a thrilling night of tears trying to get the girls to bed tonight, so I am off to bed myself. After watching Dancing with the Stars of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

That really sucks! At least no one was hurt (I know, everyone says that).

I can't believe the cleaning lady didn't apologize. At least you're getting a better deal with the new one!

You're definately going to have to post pictures of the curtains. Did she say how long it would take?

SJINCO said...

I love CraigsList. I'm glad you found a new housekeeper (I'm so jealous!) and found someone to make those curtains for you!! Sorry about the fender bender though, that just sucks.

Michele_3 said...

ok, I'm a dork-
What exactly is craiglist and how does it work? I need some things done around my casa..

Sorry about the fender bender,I'm glad everyone was ok, I know what a pain it is to deal with the aftermath of accidents and insurance & etc..

Definitely post pixs of the curtains when done-
Good job on the new cleaning lady- The other one should have apologized..

Take care!
:)