Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I don't want to go to work, I want to go to Target

Ashley has been testing mine and Ray's patience over the past couple of days. Maybe it was the attention she received over Thanksgiving, maybe it was the head cold she has had, but whatever it is, I am done. First it was Monday night where she spent time screaming (and not normal screaming, more like a monkey in pain) when I was trying to unsuccessfully get her and Audrey to sleep at the same time. Then last night she woke up at 11:30 and would have nothing to do with Ray and screamed for me. She's not listening, she's whining over everything from dinnertime to watching tv, and she is just in general in a bad mood.

And now I have a head cold and can't handle too much more.

This morning Ashley woke up a few minutes before I left for work. I went into her room and told her it was a school day which she is normally super-excited about.

"I don't want to go to school", she replied.

"Why don't you want to go to school?"

"I want to go to Target."

That's my girl.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I think we are living the same life right now! Matthew is being outrageous!! I agree, I think it was all the attention over Thanksgving, more people playing with him in 5 days then he has had in the past year it seems. Now it is "I don't wanna", and "No", and the best one yet "I don't have to". OMG - I could have backhanded him tonight with the way he acted. Three's suck big time!!!

Hey, at the very least she'll probably be a good shopper, lol.

Happy Working Mom said...

I've noticed a huge difference in my daughter as far as attention goes too! Maybe there's something psychological that happens at three where they need more attention! Good luck! And the Target comment made me laugh :)

Lost A Sock said...

Haha that's awesome!

The screaming/whining/general frustration sounds a lot like...age four. Gah Gah Gah!

Anonymous said...

Let me just let you all know that the Terrible Two's, um, yeah, they last, oh, forever!!!!!!!! Mine is 6, I repeat, 6 and still has a case of them. The Target thing is a trip though!

Michele_3 said...

Monkey d's attitude is identical to Ashley's right now-
I keep wondering when will it end?
He has started the screaming tantrums thing as well- It drives me crazy! Good Luck & a whole lot of patience to you!(I know how it is..)
Another Target girl - we should join a club! LOL!

Anonymous said...

It must be going around, my 3 year old has been off the wall lately. She also loves Target, makes a Mama proud!