Sunday, November 19, 2006

Repetitive Pottery

This afternoon I met up with three other ladies who live on my street and went out for some time away from the kiddos. We went to a pottery place (which would not be something I would have picked to do, but it was fun) and painted pottery. One piece of advice for the pottery place, when they tell you that you think your piece is done, walk away. Don't do what I did and try to make it perfect and keep painting and painting until it looks cluttered. I did a Christmas plate with snowmen as all the members of the family. We then went to the Melting Pot for dinner. For those of you who haven't been to the Melting Pot, it's a fondue restaurant that is pretty yummy. I am not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning.

Onto the repetiveness - lately it's been pretty relentless with Ashley. For example, today we went to Target and immediately upon entering the place, she states she wants to go to the toy section. So I calmly tell her we have to do our shopping first, then we will go to the toy section. Then it's, "I want to go now," or "But, I want to go to the TOOOYYYEEEESS." Non-stop until I have to raise my voice or threaten to not go look at the toys. Anyone else have a three year old who does this?? It is driving me nuts. I hate raising my voice and I hate losing my patience.

6 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

My daughter does the exact same thing! It gets so annoying repeating the same thing over and over!

Jaki said...

No advice here! I need the same advice! More often though at this stage he keeps doing something even when I say no...actually, because I say no. And it is usually things like touching the hot stove or pulling the flashlight that is pluged in the wall out and almose zapping himself. I feel like all I did this weekend is raise my voice and lose my patience....I hate it too when all I have with him are those 2 precious days off a week!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I think the question should be, "does anyone else have a 3 year old that doesn't do this?"

Rest assured...it will get...worse.

Michele_3 said...

LOL! When you find out the secret for 3 year old meltdowns, Let me know right away..
I just had to deal with this with Monkey D this morning, He is getting really bad at listening to me, I find my voice raising and my patience getting VERY THIN.. LOL!

SJINCO said...

Hmmm, I think I can answer a solid YES to that question! Keven Jr. is almost four and he still does this to me, daily. And I do think it gets worse before it gets better. I too hate losing my patience, or raising my voice, but it seems as if that's all I do these days. You are not alone for sure.

The pottery outing sounded fun! And the Melting Pot - YUM!!! I could use an afternooon out with girlfriends for sure. *jealous*

Stacey said...

Your 3 year old + my 2 year old + my 4 year old = HELL. I feel your pain.

I would give anything to go to a "melting pot". Fondue is on my list of 101 things to do!!