Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas in Pictures

I hope I didn't lose anyone in my absence, these past couple of days just flew by. Don't worry, I didn't just forget you guys, I totally forgot to call my Grandmothers on Christmas Day. I know, totally horrible Granddaughter I am. But I called them the day after, does that count?

A special "Thank You" to CPA Mom (another Blogger who totally rocks) for the great gifts for me and my kids. The outfits have already been washed and are ready to wear! I will definitely take a picture of the kids in them.

Here are some updates in our lives over the Christmas holiday (which isn't really over since the kids' school is closed all week) (and don't get Ray started on that since we had to pay for that week even though it was closed).

Audrey:
Last Friday night was another sleepless night for us. So Saturday morning we took her back to the pediatrician and yes, she had an ear infection. She JUST finished the Zitromax she was on, so we are assuming the ear infection just never got better. Now she is finishing up Omnicef. Any wisdom on when I should start discussing tubes? This is three straight weeks she has been on an antibiotic.

She had a great Christmas. Her favorite presents included one of Ashley's, the Mustang my Mom and Stepdad gave her. She grinned from ear to ear the entire time she was in it. And anytime we even go near the garage, she throws a fit to get back in it. It takes off kind of fast, so we have to keep a blanket behind her head to prevent bumping her head. But she seriously could care less, she is in a cool car with her sister, what more could she ask for?




Audrey also found excitement in climbing our stairs. And we are having a hard time finding a gate to fit them so for now, we are just trying to deter her. She also likes to grab your fingers, says "Ga", and makes you walk her around for hours. This is getting really old and our backs hurt. So if you come to our house to visit, please sit on your hands to hide them. She gets pissed off if you don't comply to her demands.

Ashley:
Ashley had a equally cool Christmas. She received a ton of great gifts to include a digital camera and a MP3 player (thanks Fisher Price!). Her answer changes every time you ask which is her favorite.

A new addition to our foyer it seems is one of her favorites, a tent that "Santa" brought. Santa found this at Target for $19.99 and we could barely keep them out of it. I am thinking to try to get Ashley to nap in it...


Ray:
Ray received great gifts as well. I got him a bike, and I don't think he had any clue. Of course he was pretty mad that I spent that much money when we said we weren't, but I couldn't help myself. We have been saying we were going to buy bikes for years.

His parents always do great with gifts. This year, he got this so that we can enjoy our deck that much longer...


But my Stepdad takes the cake. Anyone want to play poker (and not poke-her)?
Doesn't it look great sitting next to the Little Mermaid vanity set?

More pics to come...I'm going to bed. I actually have to work tomorrow (blah).

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey - when are you buying me my Mustang?? lol, totally cool car!

I bought Matthew the digital camera too, he LOVES it!!

My mom got him the mp3 player but she is going to wait for his birthday because quite frankly he got WAY too much.

Glad you had a fabulous Christmas!

Kelly said...

Our Doctor says that after 6 infections, we will do tubes for the H Man.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas.

SJINCO said...

That Mustang is awesome! I want one, although I probably couldn't fit my fat butt into it! Hahaha.

Love the pink camoflauge tent, Ray looks dashing in it ;)

As far as the ear infections - for us our doctors were concerned with the fluid build-up that wasn't draining, and mostly the long term effects of speech / hearing problems. Does Audrey have any of that going on? And really, if you are concerned - ask your doctor. Isaac has responded well to his tubes, but like CPAMom said, they can still get infections.