Friday, December 22, 2006

The Friday Before Christmas

My boss came in my office at exactly 10:22 this morning and asked me what I was working on. I of course told her important stuff (when I was really reading blogs and doing schoolwork) and she then told me I could go home. Holy crap, I could actually get my last minute shopping done.

On my long walk to my car, I started to cry. I finally felt that it was really Christmas. Shopping was almost done, presents are wrapped. We are unbelievably happy here in North Carolina, and happy that we are going to get to spend Christmas in our home. Ashley is at an age where Christmas is really exciting to her. Everyone is healthy, and family is coming to visit.

Why I really started to cry? I am totally PMSing and if someone looked at my sideways, I would probably cry. But hey, Merry Christmas anyways!

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is great that you are so happy here though - it is nice to feel that way.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

SJINCO said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!!!

My boss let me go early too, it was a nice surprise....

Susan in va said...

(*sniff!*) Merry Christmas to you too!

That Chick Over There said...

I cried like, 6 times in two days! Something about the holidays always gets me. :)