Friday, January 12, 2007

It's getting better, really it is...

Ashley is getting better. Her cough, which the doctor said would probably last another week, is almost gone. She took her medicine this morning without screaming. She is still waking up a couple of times a night and scared the living shit out of me this morning by standing by my bed at 5:30am. But hey, sleep is overrated anyways. And Audrey is getting better as well. She slept better last night, I think we only got up with her 4 or 5 times. It's better than the previous night where we were up all night. Literally up all night. Ray told me yesterday that he actually fell asleep holding her while she was crying. That's how tired we are.

Act Now to Protect FMLA
The Department of Labor issued a request for information on the Family Medical Leave Act in December. It seems that FMLA is in danger of being scaled back. Being a working mom and knowing how precious those twelve weeks I had off were, I would be extremely upset if it were scaled back. I haven't had time to research what exactly is being scaled back or dates or anything, but I do know the National Partnership for Women and Families is asking all of us to submit our comments to the Department of Labor. See this website for details.

10 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm glad that things are getting a little better. Hopefully you guys will be able to catch up on your sleep this weekend!

I tried to go to the website but it comes up "page cannot be displayed"...not sure if it's the link or the site is down. I agree, I wish I could live in Canada or Europe where you get a lot more time off (and more PAID time off)...it takes awhile adjusting to a new addition!

Erin said...

I'm glad it is getting on your end - unfortunately not so much on my end! 103.3 this morning! UGH - I missed the best playdate, they arranged for everyone to go to the firehouse and get a tour. I think I'm WAY more upset than he is - I really wanted to go!!

Michele_3 said...

Ah, I'm so glad things are getter better with the girls-It is no fun taking care of sick kids huh?

Now make sure you & your husband load up on vitamin C & break out the lysol so you either one of you don't get sick either-LOL!

I'm going to read the article now-
hope today is much better!

:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Glad the babies are getting better. I hope that you guys get some much needed rest this weekend. I tried the link, but, like happy working mom, it came up as page cannot be displayed for me too. Oh well, maybe I will try it again later, cuz, that's important.

SJINCO said...

Glad to hear that Ashley and Audrey are getting better. Sounds like things are close to getting back to normal, or at least better!

I'll check out that site, thanks for the good information!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

For everyone that can't get to the site through the link:

when you click on the link, look in your address bar and you will see that there is an extra "htt" on the web address, just delete that and click go and the page will come up.

Susan in va said...

Oh, honey, I've been where you are. I hope you guys ALL get a good nights sleep tonight!

It is NOT an easy job, is it?

Lost A Sock said...

I'm glad things are getting better. Hopefully you can make it ALL the way through a good night's sleep soon!

Thanks for pointing out the info on the FMLA. I'm headed over there now...

Unknown said...

I'm glad your family is feeling a little better. Hope you can catch up on some much needed sleep. Try and relax this weekend.

I'm heading over to the website to check out the info and pass in on to my SIL, who's planning on having one more baby withing the next couple of years. Thanks for sharing the link.

Jennifer said...

So glad you all are getting better! I'll follow the link.
Robin Roberts reported on GMA the other morning that women lie more about taking off sick days then men do.... DUH... I know you and your hubby split staying home time and I think you are lucky! I think it would make a great article to be published. I don't think it's the average American women's experience...... My girlfriend uses her sick time when her child is sick, as a single mom she rarely finds herself with any PTO left.