Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two Sick Kids

Yesterday, Ashley woke up around 4:00am with a fever to go along with her runny nose. And when Ashley gets a fever, she doesn't sleep. She was wide awake (anyone else with a kid like that?). So we gave her medicine and yes, let her come to bed with us. Ray and I dozed on and off until my alarm went off. Knowing one of us would have to stay home today and another possibly Tuesday, we began the discussion of whose day has more stuff going on in it. Now remember, Ashley is laying between us. Somehow the word "stupid" comes out of Ray's mouth, probably in reference to something I said.

"Daddy, that's not a nice word."
"You're right, Ashley, that's not a nice word."
"Freakin is not a nice word either."
"Right again, Ash."

Ahh, the language skills she is picking up from her mother.

Ray stayed home yesterday, rescheduled some client meetings, and I am staying home today. Ray did take Audrey to the doctor's office since we were for sure she had another ear infection. Just fluid for now.

On to a housekeeping note, scribbit won my contest for the tag line above (email me your address, and if you aren't a Starbucks drinker, let me know what you want!). She has an interesting post today with an interview with a fellow blogger and discusses blogrolls. I have recently updated my blogroll, and yes, I read all those blogs. Every.single.day. Except maybe not today since I am at home with a sick kid, but I will put forth my best effort! So keep posting!

And yes, in honor of Delurking Week, please leave a comment and let me know you are out there...somewhere. I promise, I don't bit. Audrey might though....

And Happy Belated Birthday Ed!

17 comments:

Stu said...

So I finally got around to getting a google login so that I could post. Must say that after the advantures of you two, you make having kids sound so enjoyable...NOT! Just Kidding! Anyways, hope all is well and I will have to give you and Ray an update of life back here in VA sometime.

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm so sorry the kids are sick :( I hope you get to enjoy at least a little of your day off...even if it's just sitting around with the kids.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I like the new tag line! And, I think you already know that I am here, lol. Hope Ashley feels better soon and hope she doesn't pass is on to Audrey.

kiltsandthistles said...

Hope the little ones recover quickly. I actually work with your Father and sit right across from him. He put me onto your site shortly after I started working back in July. It's fun reading about life with kids.

Bethany said...

Love the tag line! Hope the lids feel better soon.

Bethany said...

DUH! I meant kids.

Scribbit said...

Gosh thanks! I'm flattered. And I too hope the sickness/death thing passes quickly.

Scribbit said...

Blogger isn't letting me view your profile to get to your email address (says I'm a possible virus threat--great, kind of the blogosphere's equivalent to being randomly strip-searched at airport security?) Whatever, anyway, could you try emailing me? Maybe that will get through instead. Scribbit at gmail dot com.

Erin said...

I'm here!! I'm not lurking!!!

LOL - Like I ever would ;)

Sorry the kids are so sick :( I REALLY hope they feel better soon!

Michele_3 said...

Oh so sorry both girls aren't feeling great..
I hope it gets better for them and for you too(meaning needing sleep)LOL!

You know I'm always here,not a lurker- If I don't comment- It is just blogger's fault..

Take Care~

Silly Hily said...

Freakin' in better than the other f word though, right?

starrynite said...

Delurking! I read pretty much every day but hardly ever comment. Which sucks because I hate when people do that on my blog. I will try and be a better commenter :)

That Chick Over There said...

I do love the new tag line! It's just perfect!

I have GOT to update my blogroll. I read you every day too! :)

Jennifer said...

I really like the new tag line too. I hope your little ones get better soon. Hang in there. The lack of sleep is a bummer and ear aches are almost always worse at night.....

SJINCO said...

Hope the girls are back to normal in no time flat. And really, keep an eye on that fluid.

Love the new tag line!!!

Amy W said...

Ed is my Stepdad. I tend to forget his birthday every year...

Purrfect Polkadot said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon!!! Both my brothers went to VA Tech (me, GMU).

Thanks for stopping in at my blog - I'll drop you a note.