Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Kids Now Have Two Ants, I Mean Aunts

All last week I was sick with some crappy head cold. By the time Saturday rolled around, I was feeling better, but producing enough snot to lubricate the entire state of North Carolina and my voice just wasn't all there. That and Ashley had a makeup class for gymnastics, I wanted to get her hair cut, and Ray had to go show houses. I also really, really needed to go to Target. My point in all of this? I wasn't feeling myself and was dragging around a very active one and half year old and a very tired from Mommy and Daddy letting her stay up late the night before almost (AAKK, she's going to be four on SATURDAY) four year old.

And my cell phone rings just as Ashley sits in the chair to get her haircut. I see it's my brother.

"Hey Mike, what's up?" Cause something had to be up for him to call me on a Saturday.

"Guess what?"

"What's up?" Note to everyone, I really, really hate guessing games. Seriously. Just ask Ray. Do not ask me to guess. I don't like it.

"Jen and I got married."

Now, I assumed from the start of the phone call this was going to be about marriage. I thought he proposed. Nope, they really did get married, but they promise to do the big ceremony (again, I have lost 60 pounds and would really like to be in some sort of really pretty dress). There was something about the immigration thingy or something with Jen. (She's Canadian, not from Mars). I am just happy he's married and it's Jen and they are happy.

Maybe a beach wedding? OOOHHHH, I got it! Get married in Disney!

Okay, back on track.

So I told Mike to call Ray and got off the phone. I may not have seemed that estatic because I was a)full of snot and my ears where clogged and HOLY CRAP Audrey just pulled an entire necklace display down and b)Ashley was in the middle of getting her hair cut.

So Mike and Jen? We are very, very happy. Congrats. No, Congrats!! We love you guys!

And we have taught Ashley that Jen is now Aunt Jen. She kept repeating it all day.

18 comments:

Jill said...

wow.. someone teaches their kids to say "aunt" when appropriate. cool! this is something similar to thank you cards and politeness in public..seems to be going out of style. you rock!

Happy Working Mom said...

Congrats to your brother!

I feel your pain...just picturing that whole scenario made me very tired! Were you able to get rest the rest of the weekend?

Did Ashley's hair turn out cute?

CPA Mom said...

So did Ashley get a trim or a full cut? And more importantly, what did you get from the Mother Ship (Target?)

Wow, that was sure unexpected I'm sure. But such HAPPY NEWS! I'm with you - DISNEY marriage...

Edie said...

Congrats to Mike! :)

Glad you're feeling better...

Anonymous said...

Being snotty is no fun. Being snotty and having to deal with active toddlers and older kids that stayed up late? Ouch.

Congrats to your brother and Jen!!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Congratulations to your brother!!!! I can't wait for details on the "big" wedding and see you in a very pretty dress!

Stu said...

Holy Crap, Mikey got married before I did. What is going on in this world. LOL, Just Joking!

Congrats Mike...glad to hear the great news!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Congrats to your brother!! I'm with you, Disney wedding.

Speaking of Disney, I need to email you!!

Julie said...

OMG, another similarity! My brother married a gal from another country as well. They went to Vegas 2 years ago and got married - totally an immigration thing. We keep waiting for them to do the big wedding thing.

frannie said...

congratulations to your whole family!!!

what wonderful news!

Beccy said...

What great news, I'm sure they'll be very happy.

Erin said...

That's wonderful! Eloping is SO much easier :-) Hope you get to wear that dress though - showing off a 60 pound weight loss is an absolute must!!

Oh - check out my blog for a picture I think you might find funny, lol. If you are reading this within 10 minutes of me writing this, hang on a second, it'll be up soon :)

Pamela said...

I have a brother Mike, and a daughter Jen.

A disney marriage. who was the preacher? Jiminy Cricket?

Emma in Canada said...

Thanks for the snot visual, made me laugh.

And yay to your brother for marrying a Canadian, we are such nice people!

my4kids said...

Congrats to Uncle Mike and new Aunt Jen!

I hope your feeling better soon.

Jen said...

Thanks! I am very happy to be welcomed and now I have two more nieces!

SJINCO said...

Congrats to your brother and Jen! Here's to hoping that you get to wear a formal dress for the occasion!

And I think you and I have the SAME stupid cold...it sucks snot!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the new sister-in-law!! Hopefully you will get to wear a gown in the near future...