Monday, July 09, 2007

Myrtle, Awards, and a New Blogger...

At one point during the week, Mrs. CPA's husband (I am going to call him TM) asked us whose crazy idea it was to get 6 adults and 5 kids under the age of 5 together.

(Yes, my oldest has her pjs on...don't ask.)

To totally copy CPAmomva, here is the dish:

The Good: Friday we spent time at the beach in the morning, everyone took monster naps that afternoon (including all of the adults expect Ray and CPAmom's husband) and we had ice cream for dessert after dinner. What a great way to end the week.
The Bad: TM hurt his shoulder playing golf, I hurt my neck somehow sleeping and it still hurts. If Ray makes fun of me anymore, I am seriously going to kick his ass.

The Good: The guys played golf on Thursday with a Preacher (although I don't think it really helped them).
The Bad: The guys played golf on Thursday. And it was a really long round. Not their fault, just summertime in Myrtle Beach.

The Good: The kids played together really, really well. I mean really well.
The Bad: Audrey bit Mr. Cheeks. She still smiles when I say his name.

_____________________________________________________________
A good friend, fellow Band Geek, and my husband's coworker has started a blog. And damn, she writes well, is funny and intelligent (just like she is in person). Go check her out. Please.

___________________________________________________



Last week, two bloggers gave me the Rocking Blogger Girl Award. This is what Kellie had to say about me:

She’s what I want to be when I get big. Two gorgeous little girls, a husband who looks to be not a day over 18, a brain that I’d sell Jimmy’s spleen for, a beautiful house, musical talent, works full time away from home AND is going to school for teaching. Seriously. I’ll sell Jimmy’s spleen AND his truck for her brain!!

I really have you guys fooled. Although I did find out yesterday that I got an A in the supposedly hardest class so far in the Master's program I am in. Of course the sucky part? The professor decided not to include one of our final papers in the grade. You know, the one I went back to work at 9:00pm at night to finish? Nice. And yes, Ray looks young. He will get carded until he's 60 I am sure.

And this is what Julie had to say:

Sadly I did not know Amy when she lived in VA - like 20 minutes from me - but how I wish I had. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve read her blog and thought OMG, she’s blogging my life. Plus she has awesome taste in shoes! : )

And yes, I did live really close to her in Virginia. If we combined our shoe collections, we would have a lot of duplicates.

So I have to award this to 5 people and I wish I could pass it right back to the ladies that nominated me. Plus, a ton of people have already been nominated. But there are still some Rockin' Blogger Girls left:

1. Heather: Yes, I am awarding this to the new blogger and she probably doesn't know five people to give it to, but seriously, she writes well, is entertaining, and has great taste in clothes. And her son is adorable. Oh, and her husband and Mrs. CPA's husband need to play pool together someday.

2. Happy Working Mom: I have been reading her blog for over a year I think. She was one of the first bloggers I started reading. She also writes with me on the working moms blog. She's smart, cute (and so is her family), and I think her and I would make great neighbors. Too bad she lives all the way in Ohio.

3. Mrs. CPA: I have no idea if she has been awarded this, but here it is. Since I have met her in person, I can really tell you how nice and smart she is. It's just too bad she doesn't update her blog more, her writing is witty and funny. Much like she is in person. And Mr. Cheeks? Adorable.

4. The Cagle Clan: She might kick my butt for doing this, but this is my neighbor I am constantly raving about. You know, the one that has an absolutely beautiful daughter and has time to teach me to sew. Which reminds me, I need to get cracking on my homework. :).

5. Jippy Jabber: Jennifer has been a blogging friend of mine for a while now. She has a special needs son who is cute and is going to grow up to be one handsome man. She totally rocks.

Feel free to pass the award on or not. No biggie.

16 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

Thank you for the award!

It sounds like the vacation was fun (minus the bad parts of course!). Now, to plan a trip for US to meet :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip to the beach. Audrey bit Mr. Cheeks 'cause he's so damn adorable!! :)

Edie said...

Thanks for the award!! I'm so honored! ;)

Those curtains better be ready to finish up when I get back to town!! ;) (just kidding, of course)

Beccy said...

Congratulations on the award, your holiday sounds like it was a great success.

Isabel said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Hooray for vacays!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Dude, I would have bitten Mr. Cheeks too! That was just Audrey showing her love. I am glad you guys had a great time and congrats on the award!

Katie Swaner said...

ok, so this is a bit off-topic, but ...

So, since you hadn't ever been around when Audrey bites at day care, did being there give you any insight on how to handle it?

Erin said...

Awww, love the picture!! So nice for you all to get together!!

Erin said...

Oh - and yes, you do rock!!

Julie said...

I thought those were PJs b/c you know, we have almost the same ones. And, Abby has those same colored crocs.

Unknown said...

:D Amy, you rock! I'm excited about the award, thank you! Hopefully I can figure out 5 people to give it to...

Also, thank you for making me sound so awesome and getting people to look at my new blog. I really had no idea that anyone would find my ramblings remotely entertaining, but unless they (and you) are lying, they like it! I just might walk a little taller tomorrow, hee hee. Thanks again!

my4kids said...

Cute picture!
Congratulations on the A and that really sucks he didn't include the paper....
Congrates on the Award...

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much Amy! I am enoying your pictures so much. I so want to come hang out in your back yard! WOW! YOU rock TOO!

la bellina mammina said...

Congrats! And those kids look so adorable!nnr

SJINCO said...

The picture of the kids is adorable! Myrtle beach sounded like a lot of fun, I'm bummed that I missed out. Every vacation has it's ups and downs right?!

Congrats on the award, I still have to do my five.....

Kelly said...

Oh, how sweet! I'm so sorry I didn't get to see this before now. Since I've been internetless for so long, I haven't been able to check out everyone for a few weeks. I'll get right on this!