Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things....

I could not participate in yesterday's Fun Monday because the battery on my camera is dead and the charger is at Ray's office. Don't ask.

Instead, today I will show you my favorite things, or more importantly, my wish list for Christmas. This is really more for Ray who stated "I don't need a list for you". I am fortunately already done shopping for Ray for Christmas. I will have to tell you that tale after the Holidays...

1. An Apron - If you recall, I have mentioned the need of an apron before. And check out this cool apron from Vera Bradley. Plus, it won't break the bank.


2. A new watch - I love watches. I have a digital watch, a Disney watch, and a VT watch (what, are you shocked?). But I would really like just a plain old watch.
3. A potato ricer and a potato masher - I really am not nuts. I just love to cook, and as I am trying new recipes and such, I am finding the need for certain tools. Like these.


4. PJs - one thing that I failed to buy myself after losing 60 pounds was pjs. I have a few things, but a few more would ensure that I don't go to bed and wake up in the morning with my pants at the bottom of the bed.
5. A Bassoon Book - this is an item I have asked for from my husband a few times...I should have just ordered the damn thing myself. One day I will learn!


6. Photo Smart printer - this is really a wish list item. Ray got me a photo printer last year, but it was free with the camera he bought me, and it really doesn't work well. Plus the few pictures I have printed from it have all seriously faded. So what's a must have item for you this Christmas? And speaking of more Christmas, head over to my friend Julie's blog...she is hosting an ornament exchange.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The printer? AWESOME!!

Love the apron. Even though I don't cook.

:)

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm in the process of updating our family's wish lists (we do it all online so that both sides can see what we all want).

And we started Christmas shopping last night...I'm shocked...I never, ever start this early.

Julie said...

Thanks for the mention. We're up to 8 people now but I'd love as many as possible!

I love how Vera is doing everything now - aprons, flip flops, dog collars, etc. I love anything Vera myself.

That Chick Over There said...

That apron is snazzy!

I have no idea what I want. Jason keeps asking, and I just don't have a clue what to tell him.

Unknown said...

Cute printer!

I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do any mroe swaps right now. Thanx a lot! I'm signed up and it's your fault. :)

ChrisB said...

I hope you get everything on your wish list. I'm getting a new camera( in advance of Christmas)

Pam said...

What a great list. My wish list is so boring this year - towels and spoons....funds are low this year so I am being practical with what we really need instead of asking for what I want (a day at the spa!). Hope you get what you want!

frannie said...

hubby bought my gift today--- no idea what it is.

Edie said...

Be careful with the photo printer... most home photo printers print great, but fade REALLY fast!!

I want a watch too!

Dallas said...

I like your taste -- the apron and PJ pants are both really cute.

SJINCO said...

You are one step ahead of me, I have no idea what I want for Christmas.

Love the watch and pj bottoms. All very important stuff! I hope Santa comes through for you this year.

Scribbit said...

I'd like a raclette and a cool mug from my favorite hot chocolate place and a few books and a new camera and a new bed and, and and . . . boy I sound greedy!

Pamela said...

a bassoon book. that is something with which you mash potatoes. hee haw...

bichonpawz said...

You lost SIXTY pounds! Holy Moly! Good for you girl!! I'll be happy with five. And the photo printer...love it! I have the little Canon Selphy on my list. Don't think I'll get it though. Husband thinks it's a total waste. Never knew Vera Bradley made dog collars and aprons?

Beccy said...

I love the apron but like you I'd love a printer for photos. Ours are all stored on the computer and I'd be devasted if anything happened to our computer and we couldn't get them.

my4kids said...

I may have to find a website for the Vera Bradley aprons. She has several of her purses and I know she would go crazy for the apron!

I wonder if I could manage to do a Christmas wish list on my blog and get my hubby to pay attention to it? He looks as it all the time but not everyday.