Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Winter Bazaar - Thanksgiving

This year, we are spending Thanksgiving Day in Myrtle Beach with my Mom and Stepdad and my brother and his wife. That morning, some of us are running the 5K race in Myrtle (and Ashley is running a race geared towards her age), and then going home to my parents house to recouperate and then out to dinner for Thanksgiving dinner. I have honestly never eaten out for dinner, but I am thinking it will be kind of nice not to cook or clean.

Anyways, I was searching for things for us to eat for lunch that day that would be fun. And I came across these..
Teeny Turkeys

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
Cocktail pumpernickel bread
Vegetable cream cheese
Decorations:
Peas (eyes)
Red pepper
Pepperoni
Cheese
Cashew
Slivered almond
Parsley

1. For each sandwich, spread vegetable cream cheese between 2 slices of cocktail pumpernickel bread.

2. For the head, use a small drinking glass or round cookie cutter to cut a circle from another slice of bread, then stick it to the top of the sandwich with a dab of cream cheese.

3. Likewise, add facial features such as pea eyes, a red pepper or pepperoni snood (above the beak), and a pepper, cheese, or cashew beak. Finally, wedge pepper, slivered-almond, or parsley-sprig feathers between the bread slices.

Go visit Scribbit for more ideas...

12 comments:

Julie said...

Those are adorable! If you make them please take a picture for us!

Anonymous said...

Now those are just to cute to eat!!

frannie said...

those are about the cutest things I've ever seen!

Michele_3 said...

Wow! Those are the cutest!
I think my youngest would want to play with the turkey then eat it though-VERY CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I am running a 5k on Thanksgiving, too, and my daughter is doing a kids run!
Those are too cute, I have to borrow this idea, thanks!

Melanie said...

Those are adorable! What a cute idea.

Unknown said...

I just wish I could run 5K. Grrr...gotta start getting up early again and running.

Cute sandwiches!

Amy said...

Good luck w/ the 5k. I wish I could do that. But until I start using my treadmill more regularly, that will never happen.

bichonpawz said...

Super Cute! I'm passing them on to my stepdaughter!!

Scribbit said...

I shouldn't see things like this late at night, it makes me so hungry!

SJINCO said...

Oh my gosh! Those are too cute!

my4kids said...

Now those are cute! I may have to steal the idea for one of our home school lessons with Maddie about Thanksgiving!