Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Pictures - Life and Science Museum in Durham

Last Saturday was a rare day where we had nothing planned, so we took the kids to the Life and Science Museum in Durham, NC. The main reason we wanted to go was to see the Butterfly Pavilion as Ashley keeps telling us she wants a butterfly for a pet. Ashley really enjoyed the science experiments she got to do, and Audrey loved to run around.

I was mad that I forgot my other lens for my camera that would have given me better closeup shots of the butterflies, but I worked with what I had. Ashley wanted to catch a butterfly and it was really cool because they were flying all around us.
The first exhibit.
The play area for Audrey.
Concentrating on cutting a helicopter.
Outside the Butterfly House.
Audrey wanted her picture taken too.

15 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

What a fun place! It kind of reminds me of the one we have here. The butterflies would have been really cool to see.

SJINCO said...

I can't wait to take my boys to our butterfly pavilion / museum in Denver. I can't wait.

And I love the photos! Your girls are cute!

Lori said...

what a fun place... great pictures

Laura said...

WOW - looks like tons of fun!

Wendy said...

I love going to museums like this:) It looks like so much fun!!

Julie said...

Looks like fun!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Other lens or not, those are great pics!!

Edie said...

GREAT photos!!

You're getting good with that camera!

Pam said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

debi9kids said...

Looks like a lot of fun! All of the pictures are wonderful, but the butterfly close-ups are just fabulous!

my4kids said...

Those are great pictures of the butterflies and the kids also. I would love it if we had a museum like that in Ketchikan. My kids would love that. I will probably take Madison to some museums while we are back in Portland this summer.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had something like that here!!

Steph said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I need to take the kids out to the museum. Ciara's class just took a field trip to the Butterfly Pavilion yesterday. I intentionally took a "pass" because I didn't want to be around all the flying things. Oh, and...they have a GIANT tarantula named Rosie. She's on the news all the time. Ciara held her and said she was nice! I prefer to look from the TV, thank you very much! Hope class is going well...you're almost done, right? Mine is starting Monday.

That Chick Over There said...

Just beautiful.

Cole Twins said...

Can I just say your girls are so stinkin' cute!!!

Oh, and I am so glad that my 2- 2yr olds are the only ones saying DAMNIT! How did they learn to use it correctly?? LOL