Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm 32 going on 82....

Last night, we were outside playing with neighbors' kids and hanging out. Audrey had to go potty (she is going all day at school, not doing as well as home, but I am not pushing her), so I took her into my neighbor's house (and no, not this neighbor's house, but she was there too). On the way back out of the house, I slipped on the top step of her porch and fell on my back on the steps on the way down. Luckily I somehow let go of Audrey's hand or I would have pulled her down with me.

I fell hard enough to knock the wind out of me. And of course Ray was working late, and it was bath night. And yes, Edie did offer to help, but I was okay and made it through bath time which included Ashley dumping an entire cup of water on the floor. Good fun. Needless to say, she learned how to mop.

It wasn't until I got the kids in bed and laid down on my bed to watch Idol that it really hurt. And of course Audrey kept coming out of her room. So from my bed, I pretty much was just telling her to go back to bed when we normally walk her back to her room. Then she started bringing me things from her room; her blankets (one by one), her pillow, a toy. I think she caught on that I was not getting out of bed. Ray came home earlier than he planned and took over around 9:30pm.

I put a menthol patch thing on my back and went to sleep. It actually does feel better this morning, and walking around some has helped. Just don't laugh at me if you see me walking funny.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope it's better today!

ChrisB said...

Sounds really painful hope it eases soon!

Wendy said...

Oh man...that sounds sooo painful!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

OMG that sounds super painful. I hope you are only a little bruised and heal super quickly!

p.s. Stay away from stairs while holding the hands of babes. Oh, but you know that now :o)

SJINCO said...

Oh my! OUCH! Just reading that made me wince in pain....

Hope it gets better soon!

Julie said...

OH! I'm sorry to hear that. I remember getting the wind knocked out of me when I was kid falling down stairs. It was very scary.

Lori said...

OUCH! I hope you are doing better today

Kelly said...

Oh god, I hope your feeling better! Just the way you described it, it is making mine hurt for you.....take it easy and rest.

Misty said...

You poor thing!!!! I am that graceful everyday!

MotherBunker said...

Ouch! Hope you're on the mend soon.

3XMom said...

ow ow ow...hope it gets better soon!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ouch!! I hope you are feeling better today and I am glad you didn't break anything!!

Kila said...

Ouch! Tough night! I hope it heals well, and quickly, for you!

Mel said...

I'm a Disney fanatic too. I was disappointed with Disneyland though. Disneyworld is definitely the way to go. Nothing beats staying on Disney property and taking that walk down main street!

Pamela said...

painful to read