Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I am exhausted...

This has been unreal...want to know what I did today? Shot a gun for the first time in my life and went fly fishing for the first time in my life. And I actually did okay at both.

Who helped me not be afraid at clay shooting? Jason Fogelson (his wife left a comment on my last post, thanks Robin!) from About.com. Super nice guy, and a great clay shooter as well. I did okay, I just got knocked in the jaw once, and that was it for me.

And it is totally pathetic, but I am already sore from fly fishing. I have a bad habit of putting a death grip on things such as golf clubs and baseball bats. I did the same with the fishing rod, and I am sore in my shoulder from it.

A couple others I have met: Ruth from Woman's Day, Jason from Outdoorzy.com, some guys from GMNext, Chad from Sticks and Stones.

I also met some folks from Orvis since we were at their facility today. I have plenty of information to share over the next few days....

Right now, I am trying to get enough energy to get out of my chair and get dressed for dinner. And guess what? I have to leave for the airport at 5:00am tomorrow morning.

16 comments:

emily said...

WOW, what an opportunity to expand your view! YAY for you and trying something new :)

debi9kids said...

OUCH! I have gone shooting before and been hit in the face by the backfire of the gun. BIG OL' OUCH!!!
Glad you are getting to broaden your horizons though! Sounds like lots of fun!

Sabrina said...

I completely missed something...where did you go and for what?

Anonymous said...

You were great... plus you caught (and released) a fish :) How cool is that?

Thanks for joining us!

James
Orvis

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!! Tell James from Orvis *I* wanna go to the next event like this!!

I'm still bummed I didn't get to meet you. It's been driving me INSANE to know you're two hours away!!

Have a safe trip back home :)

SJINCO said...

Look at you - trying TWO new things in one day. Totally AWESOME. I've shot at clay pigeons before and yes, the recoil is quite frightening! I've never tried fly fishing but I find it fascinating. Glad you are having fun!

It sounds like you are with a great group of people!

Beckie said...

Ooh, I have always wanted to try fly fishing! It sounds like you are having a blast!

frannie said...

what a cool trip!!!!

Julie said...

How cool! But wait....did you win a prize? : )

CPA Mom said...

Yeah, guns have a way of making you ache all over. What kind of gun was it?

I am SO proud of you for trying both - not exactly something you do every day - what courage to branch out of your comfort zone!!

How was the Saturn?

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

What an awesome opportunity!!! I am so glad you got to go!!

Anonymous said...

No kidding you're exhausted. That's insane!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... looks like one other person you met is conspicuously missing from that list... Could it be because my fish was bigger than yours???

Or because I ate your share of the dessert?

Kelly said...

WOW great job! My dad taught me WAY back when how to shoot a gun..I was not a big fan. I think I only did it like 1 or 2 times and then had absolutely no interest in it. As far as fishing, I have never fly fished but I absolutely love fishing! I find it so relaxing! GO YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Amy -- Great to meet you on the trip. I hope you got home safely. I got back to LA with little trouble, and I even had time to buy a book in the Philly airport (The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon, which I am quite enjoying). I look forward to keeping up with your blog, though I doubt that I will ever twitter.

Hope to see you again soon!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

You go girl... I can't say I have ever did that so I'll live through you hehe. Sounds like you are having fun.