Thursday, June 26, 2008

Schlage Locks

At least two or three times a week, there are packages on my doorstep. I do a lot of online shopping since I work full time and don't have the time to actually go to a store to shop. Plus, I get a ton of mail for this site and my review site to review.

But when I came home one day two weeks ago and found 20 boxes on my front porch from Schlage, I was pretty shocked. That meant that I had 40 locks to try out from Schlage as there were 2 locks in each box. Kind of crazy. I called the wonderful women at Mom Central who were already doing what they could to rectify the situation. Then not soon after, a helpful customer service representative called from Schlage and we arranged a pickup for 19 of the 20 boxes. It actually didn't end up being an inconvenience for me as I left the boxes on my front porch until they were picked up. No harm done.

And the lock? It has already come in handy. Lucky for us, we already had Schlage locks on our front door, and we easily ordered the right finish to match what we already had. I had geared up for my husband to do a ton of cussing to get the new lock installed, and it only took about 15 minutes and no curse words, and we had a new lock on our front door. Specifically, this lock:
Why has it come in handy? My parents were in town last weekend, and got to our house before we got home from work. We let them know the code and they were able to get in. My husband is in real estate, and we have some realtor signs in our garage. He had a coworker stop by our house to pick one up, and his coworker was able to get in using the code.

I am excited about the lock because I lose things. I would lose my head if it weren't attached to my body on some days. I also tend to forget things...and keys are a pretty frequent item I forget (that and my purse)(oh, and my cell phone, which really makes Ray mad).

My point is these locks kick butt. They are useful, stylish, and provide the right security. Want to buy them now? Go check out Popular Hardware...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually just received the go ahead from our management office to have this lock put on our front door of our apartment. It'll be great for Jimmy when he comes home from work in the middle of the night or when we're away and we need someone to tae care of our dog. And really? It'll be awesome for me--I locked my keys in the car one night when Jimmy was long gone for work. If I'd had this lock, I wouldn't have had to freak out.

:)

Julie said...

You could have made a small fortune on ebay - good thing you're honest!

CPA Mom said...

You know they sent 20 boxes to all 40 of us?! Crazy. Luckily I was home and my UPS guy knows me and said I could refuse delivery.

I heart these locks too. Just amazing locks.

That Chick Over There said...

Oh my gosh! 20 BOXES!!!

Anonymous said...

But then you could have had a contest and I could have won it! Dang it! Um, wait, so I need to know -- can you also lock it with a key (either use code or key?)?

debi9kids said...

How cool! I haven't seen them yet! I will definitely have to look into that (I LOSE everything too! LOL)