Monday, November 24, 2008

I need a radio...

Last week, Ray took our van to the dealership to get an oil change. We had a coupon, otherwise we would have just taken it to the local oil change place. While there, they decided to do an update to our computer system. I think I failed to let everyone know that back when we got our new van, we ended up with the Chrysler Town and Country. The deal the dealership gave us was beyond what we expected, and nothing even close to what we could have gotten at the Honda dealership.

So computer system upgrade. Let me just start with the fact that I still haven't figured out our GPS/radio/DVD/computer system thing. Supposedly we can upload music and stuff in our van. Plus, we get satellite TV (Disney Channel, Nick, Cartoon Network) and satellite GPS which tells us where there is traffic. The kids LOVE the Disney Channel...we hardly ever watch movies in the van anymore because they would just rather watch tv.

The dealership attempted an upgrade, froze the radio, couldn't get the radio to turn off even when the car was off, so they had to take it out. They are giving us a completely new radio when it comes in.

I am so tired of talking to myself on my way to work. I need a radio.

But I will say this - it has actually been really nice not having the tv on in the van all the time. The girls have been chatting with us or coloring or sleeping. We may institute a no tv rule for certain trips in the van whenever we do get our radio back, which better be before our trip to Myrtle on Wednesday.

6 comments:

Lori said...

a radio is necessary for a road trip! I agree with limiting the tv to certain trips though

Sabrina said...

We just got a new Saturn Outlook with a DVD player and XM radio and we love it. We don't let the girls watch movies though unless it's a trip longer than 1 hour, but it's great. We're considering gettng a dvd player installed in the minivan too, it's not as expensive as we thought...

CPA Mom said...

Now that van has ALL The bells and whistles. Glad you like it and hope your radio comes back soon.

bichonpawz said...

HOPE you get your radio for the road trip! Definitely a must have! Sounds like your van is all tricked out now!! Have a terrific Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach!! I'm so excited about going....even though it's not til March!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am in the same boat you are. My van started shorting out and my radio stopped playing, along with some other fun stuff, but I digress.

My dad pulled my radio out and determined that was where the short is. So, I am waiting for him to get back with me on what he wants me to do. So, I've been without a radio for almost 2 weeks. Thank goodness I have an MP3 player!

SJINCO said...

Well that sucks. I rely on my radio/cd player while driving to and from, but as you know I love music.

My kids have never watched TV/Movies while traveling anywhere. Could it be because my truck is almost 11 years old and that the technology wasn't out yet? Absolutely. But that's okay! I like it that way...