Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I am over the cold weather, the ground hog can kiss my you know what...

Okay, so this day isn't going to plan. This is the second time I am writing this post...

The girls' schools are delayed 2 hours for what looks like a slight dusting of snow on the ground. I am so done with the cold weather. Spring gave us a preview last Sunday with warmer temperatures, and I have already had to start Audrey back on her allergy medicine last week.

But today's high will be in the upper 30s.

And I don't believe the ground hog as his accuracy rate is only 27%. He can go back in his hole until summer for all I care.

I ran into Old Navy yesterday to pick up some new rain boots for the girls and saw all the cute spring stuff. Since I live vicariously through buying a new wardrobe for Ashley and Audrey each change of season, I was excited but held off buying anything. I can't wait to do spring shopping, but I need to wait a few more weeks. Spring needs to give me more than just a preview.

4 comments:

Jaki said...

I'm right there with you sister! I am ready to start our relocation process for sure!!!! Currently at my house it is 1 degree!!! ONE!!!! That doesn't include the wind chill however and so I am sure that it is below ZERO!!!!However, it looks like it should get to almost 50 on Saturday!!!! We will be breaking out the shorts in Chicago when it gets that warm!!!!

Laura said...

Oh I hear you - I am SOOOO over the cold stuff! Bring on spring!

Happy Working Mom said...

I am so with you! We were at 0 this morning!

It has to be worse for you guys though since you're normally so much warmer. For me, there's not much difference between 25 degrees and 0 degrees :)

SJINCO said...

Global Warmning must be working in over drive, our usual February temperatures are what you are getting and we are getting your weather, it's been in the 50s - 60's all week, and today it's going to get up to almost 70. It's nuts...

Winter just isn't winter without snow! But all this nice weather is making me itch for Spring / Summer. STAY WARM!