Tuesday, June 09, 2009

We are having technical difficulties

Ashley has been our "good" sleeper for so long. Often times, she is asleep before I even leave the room after tucking her in. She hardly ever wakes up in the middle of the night, and when she does, she easily goes back to sleep.

Well, throw all that out the window. I don't know what triggered this recent sleeping issue. It might have been our fault with letting her stay up late every night of vacation. Maybe she is just lacking sleep.

But now? She is waking up crying like every.single.hour saying she can't get back to sleep. She was crying when I put her to bed last night because she was worried she wasn't going to sleep well again (yes, she gets all of these really good traits from me, I realize this). She fell asleep, only to wake up about an hour later, drenched in sweat and crying. Again. And then again a few hours later until we played the musical bed game. Ray ended up with Ashley in the guest bed, Audrey had found her way into our room around 4:00am, so I was with her.

So not fun. I am at a loss. I don't know how to convince her it's okay to wake up in the middle of the night again. But honestly, I think she's so tired she doesn't even remember waking up in the middle of the night 400 times.

We will try an earlier bedtime again tonight and see what happens.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I feel your pain! Wesley goes through this every few months. It lasts for about a week, but very frustrating. He usually ended up on our floor.

Misty said...

horrible... I'm so sorry! Bless her sweet little heart! (and yours)

Daisy said...

Ask your doctor about melatonin. a low dose might help her let go of the worry long enough to sleep, which will alleviate the worry of whether she'll sleep or not, which will....well, you know the drill.