Friday, August 21, 2009

I am pathetic and have no pictures this Friday

Sorry. I wasn't thinking of posting pictures like I normally do on Fridays. If I could find a picture of a dead possum, I would post it because that's what I ran over with Ray's car last night on the way home from the gym. The poor guy (or girl, but my gut tells me it was a guy and his name was Fred) had no chance. I thought it was a paper bag in the road until I was right up on it and then thunk, thunk and I ran over the sucker.

One less possum in the world, I guess.

The other thing about the gym/running/training to run 13.1 miles that seems impossible considering how hard it was to run 3 miles at the gym last night? I realized the brand new running shoes I bought on sale at Kohl's and threw away the box and receipt are hurting my right foot. As in rubbing a scab right below my ankle. Now what the hell do I do? I guess I am going to go back to using my old shoes for the time being. That or hack up my new shoes to make them not rub my foot. Which I will have to do tonight because according to my training schedule, I am on for a 4 mile run in the morning, which I have done and it can be done, but not with a shoe that hurts my foot.

So Happy Friday everyone. Thank God the weekend is almost here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to learn how to run. I'm not doing very well :( To run 3+ miles? What is this sweetness you speak of?!

Unknown said...

Weekends are good for something, right? Just found your blog and enjoyed it!

Pamela said...

break them in slowly...??? I was just telling a friend that it didn't bother me to see a dead possum on the side of the road.. BUT, I didn't want to be the one to hit it.

so sorry you squished it.