Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have successfully made it to Wednesday this week

Monday night I did strength training with my friend at the gym which included many squats and this morning Audrey decided to head butt me in the butt, and it hurt. Really bad. I am not sure at this moment if I will be able to get out of my chair.

I did do my 3 mile run last night though, and it wasn't that bad. I needed to go to Walmart for groceries and other items, and I was going to go right after running, but Ray took one look at me all nasty and sweaty and said that I was too gross for even Walmart at 9:00pm on a Tuesday night. So I showered, and then spent way over my $75/week allowance at Walmart, but in my defense, we actually didn't even go to the grocery store last week (used up meals in my freezer of which I have none now and it stresses me out), so I am still ahead. At least that's what I am going to claim. That and I had to buy the Hannah Montana movie, Ashley some new underwear, and new tights for ballet for both girls. And yes, I had to buy the movie. It was a necessity. If you don't believe me, just ask Ashley. That and it was only $15. I couldn't pass that up.

Today is our first parent/teacher conference with Ashley's teacher, and I have no idea why I get nervous about these things. I actually volunteered in her class this morning (I teach character traits once a month to the class), and I got to see how close Ashley's desk is to the teacher's desk. As in they touch. Her and another little boy's. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

SJINCO said...

Good luck! Keven Jr is only on day 2 of 1st grade and well, so far so good....

Jessie said...

I apologize, but I laughed out loud at the head-butting. It's sort of unbelievable the things that happen to you once you're a parent that would seem really strange before. I regularly get clocked in the jaw by Gabbie and don't even bat an eye.

I think we're in trouble when Gabbie starts school because she's so social/such a talker. I dread those teacher conferences, because I know how they went when I was little and she's just like me.