I wrote a post awhile ago about health insurance and such. And I discussed how Ray and I purchase insurance for him and the girls. I read online about people complaining about the cost of insurance, and with a little bit of research we were able to find affordable insurance with great coverage.
And I just found out about another insurance UnitedHealthcare is offering for unisured students I thought I would pass along - UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
Some key points:
- The health plan offers protection/coverage for injury AND sickness, 24/7/365.
- Many (Over 2000), but not all public school systems/districts throughout the US participate with UHCSR to offer this plan.
- The Health Plan is available to K12 students from ages 5 – 18 (ages 4-18 in Texas)
- While the K12 Health Plan can provide a level of protection for uninsured children, it is also being purchased by many families who have high deductible employer coverage. If parents have to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to meet their employer plan deductible, the K12 Health Plan can reimburse them for their children’s eligible medical expenses while they are working toward meeting their employer plan’s deductible.
- Designed to be affordable at $588 per policy year or $98 every two months. Parents can enroll their student at any point in the school year.
- Full plan details and easy online enrollment are at this site.