Wednesday, January 06, 2010

PT

Sunday at my deep tissue massage (where the guy worked on my leg for an hour), I was told if I tried to run, he would break my legs. Figuratively of course, but still, reinforcing the fact I shouldn't run.

Then at physical therapy on Monday, I was told no exercising where I would bend my knee - basically ruling out everything except swimming. The only good news is that if I do my stretches 4 times a day until I go back next week, he may let me run again! Wahoo! And the fact that for the first time since November I can walk down the stairs without pain, something is working.

So swimming. I had every intent to go to the gym last night and swim, and then with the temperatures in the 20s, I just didn't want to leave my house. That and honestly I can't really swim that well, so what's the point. Yes, I realize I could get better with practice, but I just don't want to. Stubborn, yes. So pathetically, I have done nothing all week except for the stretches I am doing diligently.

2 comments:

Steph said...

It's so cold I hate doing anything right now. I looked longingly at the pool last night (at the gym, of course) and could not imagine getting in the water right now. I can't wear socks in the water!!!

SJINCO said...

Aren't the pools at your gym heated? :) Swimming is fun, do it next time!

Sorry to hear about your bum knee. I hope you get well soon (and by the sounds of it you are!)