Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday's Suck

We started off okay. I keep the girls on a pretty tight schedule in the mornings, meaning I get them up at 7:00am and we are out the door by 7:35am to get Ashley to the bus. They have to get dressed and do the bathroom duties before heading downstairs for breakfast.

Audrey was grumpy this morning. She didn't want to get dressed before coming downstairs. But if I let her get away with it one morning, then I am in big trouble. So I stood my ground, went downstairs with Ashley knowing eventually Audrey would either get dressed herself and come downstairs or call for me. Which she did. So crisis #1 averted.

Then as we were getting in the van, Ashley tried to tell me that today was March 2nd. An argument ensued in where I told her it was March 1 (her teacher had incorrectly told them it was going to be March 2 today and supposedly teachers trump parents on knowing stuff). I even showed her my phone with the date and time on it. Nope, still did not believe me.

So she got on the bus crying, I got back in the van to take Audrey to school and realized my travel mug of coffee had tipped over, in which I decided it was time for me to cry.

Not a good way to start the day.

I get to work, and incorrectly type my password to my computer in wrong and get locked out. A call to IT fixes it. And then I decided the only thing to make me feel better was to go see Ashley at lunch. So I leave work and get stuck in traffic due to construction work on the highway and get to Ashley's school with only 15 minutes left in her lunch time.

It can only get better, right?

She tells me I was right, we hug, apologize, talk about what we will do next time (note to self - DO NOT ARGUE WITH A 6 YEAR OLD). I leave feeling a million times better. I have been on a quest for the past few weeks to not go out for lunch at work and not stop at Starbucks. I decided today was a good idea to break that rule. I got me a much deserved Mocha. Now I am finally feeling better.

3 comments:

LMC said...

Oh my! What a day! But, you're right it can only get better, we hope. :) Great idea to have lunch with Ashley. Getting the Mocha was smart too!
Good luck with the rest of the week. (Oh yeah, just ignore the threats of snow for tomorrow or Wednesday, AARRGGHH.)

Mrs. Ca said...

Ugh. I can so relate to a day like that. Somedays the only way to get through is to get a treat. My usual "F this day" treat is a cheeseburger and coke. It's the only way I survive somedays without killing someone or retreating to bed for the next week.

Hope this morning is going MUCH better!

SJINCO said...

I can totally relate to a day such as this, it seems as if I'm having more and more and more of them lately and it's really kind of annoying!

Here's to things getting better!