Friday, March 19, 2010

Spectating

I am going to be spectating my very first race ever on Sunday. My friend Tracy is running the Tobacco Road half marathon, and I am going to cheer her on.

And yes, I am going to make a poster, one of these probably:
"Toenails are overrated"
"If your feet hurt, it's because you are kicking butt!"
"You paid for this"
Chafe now, brag later"
Running is a mental sport, and we are all insane!"

I am going to try and see the start, mile 7 and 9, and then the end. I think I will need some luck too.

I also finally got to meet another runner that lives in my town a few weekends ago. We happened to run into each other at the park, and she recognized my kids. I am hoping she will do some runs with me in the future....

And I have also signed Ashley up for her first Duathlon! It's at our town park, and it is a .5 mile run, 2 mile bike, .5 mile run. The bike portion Ray is going to ride along with her just in case. I love the fact that Ashley thinks running is cool and wants to do it.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I keep meaning to write a blog post about how not to freak out a fellow blogger/runner when you meet them in person for the first time. I need a lesson on that! Sorry if I freaked you out at first. I know there are a lot of crazies out there.

Can't wait to go for a run together! I caught a cold on the plane ride back from San Fran! Figures since the weather is awesome for running but I can't breathe through my nose :P.

LMC said...

Hi Amy,
I just got back from the TRM Expo. My husband and I both picked up our bibs. Now that I have the bib, I really want to run tomorrow! I may start out with him and run up to 8 miles and then just bow out. My tendonitis is still lingering. Anyway, I'll look for your sign at mile 7, if I make it that far! My bib # is 1445.
I am also planning on volunteering at next weeks RR half. I'm looking forward to that and maybe I'll see you there. Have fun tomorrow!