Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Almost back to our regular schedule

I took most of this week off since Ashley's goes back to school on Friday and I wanted her to have a little bit of a break from 3 weeks of camps before she started school. And no, I have no idea why they are starting on Friday. So back to school for her on Friday and back to work for me on Friday.

We had a really great 4th of July holiday. We headed back to the beach where we enjoyed full days on the sand (Monday we were on the beach from 8:00am until 4:00pm). Both of the girls unfortunately complained of headaches and sore throats throughout the weekend and today I decided to take Ashley to the doctor. She just has a sinus infection which I thought was going to be the diagnosis. And no, I have no pictures of the weekend...I forgot my camera. I also forgot Ashley's 4th of July shirt we bought at Walmart for her to wear, so of course I won Mommy of the Year for that mistake.

Tomorrow we have meet the teacher since we were finally assigned a teacher and we are remaining on track 1. Yippee!

Today I took Ashley and a friend to the mall, and Holy Hell, I got a glimpse of what the teenage years are going to look like. Ashley and this particular friend really, really like shopping. Ashley is going to need to get a job to support this habit when she is old enough. Thankfully for both of them, all the stores were having ridiculous sales on summer stuff, so I got Ashley an entire outfit for the first day of school for $10 at Gap Kids. I know, I really scored big time. It's not even a store I normally go in for myself or the kids. Tomorrow I am taking the two of them to get their nails done.

So Friday - back to our regular routine for 9 weeks until Ashley tracks back out in September. We have 2 more weeks of swim team, and then we will have a few weeks of no activities until the fall stuff gears back up.

That and Ashley turns 7 on the 21st of this month. I am so not prepared to be the parent of a 7 year old.

No comments: