Monday, October 18, 2010

Continuing the crazy month

My birthday is tomorrow. Oh, and it's my twin brother's birthday too. Funny how that works. While there are no big plans (Ashley has cheerleading and Audrey has dance), I am hopeful I will have a good day. I have to teach a training class at work, but since the class as of right now has only 2 people attending, I think it will be a piece of cake.

And no, Ray and I don't get each other any presents. His birthday is Saturday and since we both have out of town trips for other reasons than our birthdays, those trips have become our birthday "presents". I did however make some random money recently (thank you ebay!!) and bought my first ever running skirt. I haven't received it in the mail yet, so I am still keeping my fingers crossed it fits.

I also want for my birthday for Ashley to stop acting like a teenager. Seriously, she's seven and I swear she added a few gray hairs on me yesterday.

The even scarier thing? She's just like me.

We have new chore charts at home as we haven't been good lately at keeping up with the kids doing their chores (but it still doesn't stop Ashley from asking for her allowance). I added two important things to the chore charts - Be Nice to Your Sister and Give Your Sister a Hug. And yes, they have to do that everyday.

I am less than a month from my half marathon, and had 10 miles on the schedule this last Saturday. I will say this about my training this time - it is lonely to run by yourself. I did both training cycles last time with a friend and running with someone makes the time go by so much faster. I had to get the "just walk" words out of my head pretty much the entire run on Saturday. But I did it, and even finished a few minutes faster than the previous week's 10 miler. Every once in a while I look at my schedule for the full marathon (I am pretty much doing a 12 week program for the half, then a 16 week program for the full which overlaps the half schedule by 2 weeks) and get really scared. I have only ever run 13.1 miles, and the week after my half I have 14 miles on the schedule. Pretty freaking scary.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday (a day early)! I wish our paces were closer to matching and then you would have a running partner.

You will be able to make those long runs in your marathon training. If I can do it, you most definitely can. Maybe I can meet you for part of your runs to give you some company. I can do shorter distances faster :).

I love that you have "give your sister a hug" on the chore chart. I think my brothers had "torture your sister" on their daily To Do list.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Your running schedule is intense! I'm doing my first 10 miler on Sunday and my first half in January.. Of course, last month I did my first 5k, so it's adding up quickly. A dorky thing - I found listening to a podcast on my run was really helpful for the long haul.. my husband and I run separately, so even though he's my training "partner", I'm alone. Oh - and I only have a son but I'd be terrified having a daughter like me..

Carmen said...

Happy birthday to you!

I bought a running skirt last week. I love it!

Jennifer said...

Well, I can meet you for part of your runs to give you some company. I can do shorter distances faster, thanx.