Friday, October 08, 2010

Fall Down

When I was in high school, I vividly remember a nasty fall I took on my bike one day. I went head first over my handle bars after hitting a rock. Somehow I got right back up and was fine.

I really can't remember the last time I fell after that. Of course you see where this is going.

I have been doing runs at lunch at work on Fridays, mostly at a local trail that is about 10 minutes from my office. But today I forgot my Garmin and I had a ton of stuff to do at work, so I just decided I would map out my 3 miler on the streets of downtown Raleigh and have at it. I work about 2 blocks from a Krispy Creme donut shop (where the Krispy Creme Challenge is run from). I was right in front of it when I hit a lip in the sidewalk and sprawled out. Seriously, one second I was running, the next I was on the ground.

I immediately sat up, and a car actually stopped and asked if I was okay. I was fine, just scraped both hands and my right knee and leg. I was really just more embarrassed than anything. I kept running and washed up when I got back to my office.

I still need to type up my list of things I learned while in Disney (despite this being my 16th trip there, I still learn stuff every time we go) and I still need to unpack at home. Yes, we have been home for a week, don't judge. I did manage to get the Halloween decorations up last night upon the kids urging. And we finally have milk.

I have 10 miles on deck for tomorrow, maybe I should ice my leg when I get home?

1 comment:

Melinda said...

If it makes you feel any better, I do this all the time. I thought maybe I'd outgrow my klutzy self, but it never seems to happen.